



## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u>Attendees</u>	<u>Minutes in a Minute!</u>
<p>VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)</p> <p>PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)</p> <p>JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)</p> <p>AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)</p> <p>JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)</p> <p>NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)</p> <p>OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)</p> <p>ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)</p> <p>AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)</p>	<p><b>The Trail to Oregon:</b> There is lots of money!</p> <p><b>Legally Blonde:</b> Posters are going up!</p> <p><b>It Shoulda Been You:</b> All going well, liaison session happening soon!</p> <p><b>Sweeney Todd:</b> Rehearsals are going well, Dante's Inferno workshop happening this weekend!</p> <p><b>Treasurer:</b> Money coming in from JCS and water bottles!</p> <p><b>Social:</b> Showstoppers go to Butlins?!</p> <p><b>Development:</b> A very exciting workshop coming up with Adam Bayjou!</p> <p><b>Web:</b> Making a Facebook group just for event invitations!</p> <p><b>Ordinary:</b> Society merch will be ordered soon!</p> <p><b>Original Writing:</b> Go to the workshop for JM's new musical!</p> <p><b>AOB:</b> Rent for Edinburgh has been calculated, we're doing the naked calendar and Mr Grin show feedback is on it's way!</p>
<p><u>Apologies</u></p> <p>GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)</p> <p>BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)</p>	
<p><u>Absences</u></p>	
<p><u>Non-Committee</u></p> <p>JH - James Hurford</p>	



### **The Trail to Oregon:**

PA: Chatted with Gone Rogue and we are the only society to have made a profit at Edinburgh. TG are down £550 and Comedy are down £200ish. We also have £700 in underwritten films

VHA: In terms of Showstoppers profit from Edinburgh, there was money but wouldn't feel comfortable asking for full £700 when we could ask for £400 instead.

AW: We still only have 4 responses to the show feedback form.

VHA: I will post the form on the cast and crew group.

### **Legally Blonde:**

AR: We bought posters and they're going up soon. Part of the prod team went to the PA house to check for costumes, props and set.

VHA: Have you changed the intensive week schedule so that they have a day off?

AW: Yes.

NO: I'm going in on Saturday to do headshots. I will talk to people about how to make programmes so that the skill is passed on. When are programmes happening?

AW: IB will do them after cast clothing which is also happening

### **It Shoulda Been You:**

JW: All going well.

NO: When are we having a liason session?

AR: Very soon but as LB rehearsals are at the same time it's hard to organise

### **Sweeney Todd:**

PA: We've had some rehearsals, schedule is up and mostly completed, Dante Inferno workshop happening on Sunday.

### **Treasurer:**

JW: This week we sorted out the £210 for JCS tickets and we've had in 10 more payments for it.

AR: There's been a lot of drop outs and there's still one spare ticket but they have paid.

JW: We've had 3 payments for water bottles. I also owe OJ £4 for workshop materials.

VHA: I got an invoice from keyboard man.

### **Social:**

AR: We did a halloween one, JCS is tonight, been liaising with the person in charge of our venue for the Christmas ball and she needs a deposit and for us to sign something. We have a promo code to see SIX the musical for anyone interested.

NO: When is SIX?

VHA: Not next week but the week after.

JC: I started to look at the plans for Showstoppers (and now TG) going to Magaluf. It might not be Magaluf but it would be a party location.

AW: Butlins?

PA: We might be able to get a discount to Butlins because my dad is head of sustainability and energy.



JC: I'll chat with OwJa about that because it sounds lit.

OJ: Skegg Ness is a shit hole.

AR: She Loves Me screening could be on 22nd November.

**Development:**

ZB: Halloween workshop was fun. We're having an exciting workshop on 11th November. Have you received an invoice from Adam Bayjou?

JW: Not yet.

PA: Some people from the ST cast won't be able to be there because of scheduling.

OJ: Next week, JM will be workshopping his new original musical.

ZB: Cabaret is booked and confirmed.

PA: Because OJ can't be there, do you need someone else to help?

ZB: That would be nice.

**Web:**

NO: I did a Halloween thing for the facebook group. I did my post today for if people want to promote things, contact me. Tomorrow I'll do the ST page on the website and the performers group for this year purely for events.

**Ordinary:**

AW: I've had loads of responses to society merch form which is great. I've had questions about how payments happen?

JW: Send me an invoice and I can pay that directly to Wessex Clothing and then people can pay me.

AW: The water bottles have also arrived with the stick-on letters.

NO: How are you gonna distribute them?

AR: AW can just give them out to people during rehearsals and events and people can stick the letters on themselves.

JW: Keep a note of who's taken their bottle and send me a list so I know who to tick off too.

PA: BM is compiling Society feedback too.

**Original Writing:**

PA: I got an email from Southampton Sight saying someone from the uni has been in touch and said they now want to put on the show. I responded by saying that we are part of showstoppers, not the uni so that is null and void.

VHA: I have not yet called Chris as I am waiting until I know exactly what I'm going to say but I will do that soon and then we will say that the correspondence is over.

PA: Please go to JM's workshop as well.

**AOB:**

VHA: Go to workshops as its part of your job. If you can't be there or have to leave early, let OJ and ZB know in advance. There is also currently not anyone doing tuck for Blithe Spirit tonight which isn't ok.



PA: As it is a Gone Rogue tuck event, all societies involved in GR should chip in to the tuck rota.

NO: I can do tuck tonight.

VHA: Money from rent for Edinburgh is £62.50 for everyone who was in the house.

VHA: On Sunday at 1pm Showstoppers has a slot to do a slot for naked calendar so come along.

PA: Because this Sunday is the first rehearsal where everyone can be there, you can only do the naked calendar in your lunch break.

NO: Where is it?

VHA: Meeting room 2 in the union building.

AW: GPV sent this AOB in: So this week I have some super wholesome AOB! I was speaking to one of the new members of the society, just about how they were getting on, and they said they feel super integrated into the society and really welcomed by everyone - so although things can be frustrating at times, just thought I should share that to show that everyone's hard work is definitely being felt by the rest of the society and is really appreciated.

JW: Mr Grin feedback will be ready next week.

JH: We were discussing the programme for Dry Ceiling, do you want to add a banner for LB?

AR: Yes please!

JH: Also please make a Showstoppers go see event.

PA: IT sent a message saying that the estates team have been complaining that keyboards in the Annex have been going beyond the fire exit boundaries. He said that there are more keyboards than there used to be (now 4) so what shall we do with them? I said there should only be 3, 2 for Showstoppers and 1 for LOpSoc. Please just make sure we just push them as close to the wall as possible when putting them away.

AR: Could the 4th one be another society's?

PA: I wondered if it might be the one from the PA house.

AW: I went there today and it was still in there.

PA: In that case, can everyone keep an eye on it when they get a keyboard out and let me know how many there are, that would be helpful.

PA: I also have AOB from BM. He sent this message: So without The Other Palace money we still made a significant profit compared to other years. TOP was organised completely off our own backs, we didn't do it through the society and I basically dealt with all the admin and money things until it got transferred to the Showstoppers account. The cast and prod team took out an extra two days to travel into central London to perform the shows. We do now have a long standing relationship with TOP as they have welcomed us back with any Edinburgh shows we have this year, in addition to this they have welcomed us with any other shows we feel suitable for the other palace, which is an exciting prospect indeed!

A significant amount and time and effort was put in by the 13 people that took the shows, it wasn't an easy task and we came across a lot of problems. We think it's fair to split the money up fairly among those people that were at TOP, we are not taking money away from the society as without the dedication of these individuals, we would not have got this money in the first place.



JC: We don't do any shows to make profit so it seems weird that the cast and crew of this show should earn from it.

AW: It creates a precedent that doing an Edinburgh show would make you money.

VHA: It's totally reasonable for people to claim travel costs back from the society as I know that going to London was a long way for a lot of people.

JC: Everyone who performed at TOP also had the fantastic experience of doing a show at a West End theatre which is basically a reward in itself.

PA: Would it be worth upping the contribution for shows instead?

VHA: As the contribution is simply what you ask for from the treasurer, there's never been an official limit anyway.

PA: In that case, why not put it into something like a bigger contribution to the Christmas meal?

VHA: That would depend on prices and what JW thinks.

JW: Maybe it could go towards welcome drinks or something like that.