SHOWSTOPPERS COMMITTEE MINUTES



Attendees:

BN: Bella Norris (President)

GT: Gem Tunley (Vice President)

AR: Abbie Roach (Secretary)

NO: Nick Ong (Social Sec)

PA: Phoebe Armstrong (Development)

DM: David Miller (Web)

JW: John Wilders (Ordinary Member)

JC: James Carter (Ordinary Member)

Apologies:

VHA: Victoria Howard- Andrews (Treasurer)

CE: Charlotte Evans (Social Sec)

XM: Xafsa Mohamud (Tours)

Non-Com:

LE: Lydia Edge

RB: Rob Bradshaw

MS: Maciek Shasha

Minutes in a minute...

Freshers show: Act 1 is nearly done!

<u>Small show:</u> Had a read through and also have an AP

<u>Spring Show:</u> Have a cast, materials and also have an AP

<u>Liaison Elections:</u> We have some liaisons for the shows

<u>Treasurer</u>: We now have things for the keyboards!

<u>Social:</u> Legally Blonde and the Christmas ball coming up

<u>Development:</u> Cabaret booking is currently being sorted

Web: Currently working on the cabaret videos

Ordinary: She Loves Me are reopening auditions for ensemble members

<u>AOB:</u> Independent Pitches: 9th Nov- after committee at 7pm, 7th Nov (Midnight) written pitch deadline

Society Update:

Freshers Show:

PA: As of Monday they will have finished blocking act 1, I went in and talked costumes yesterday. All is good.

Small Show Update:

RB: We have a cast and we've had a read through.

AR: We have an AP, Gaby 🚱

DM: Is Joe getting an AMD?

AR: Yeah, he's going to post in the group to get a fresher to train up

Spring Show Update:

NO: We have a cast, read through Friday. We have an AP, Ellie. We have materials.

BN: You only have a cast of 14, you have to open up auditions for an ensemble, it's not big enough. Try and make sure it's very publicly promoted to the page so it's outside of just the showstoppers group.

Liaison Elections:

BN: We're going to have to change some constitution things regarding production liaison because it's awkward

Freshers Production liaison- ABBIE

Small Production liaison- GEM

Spring Production liaison- ABBIE

Small Show liaison- JAMES

Spring Show liaison- XAFSA

Treasurer Update:

PA (On behalf of VHA): The things we ordered arrived

- GT: Make sure we know which keyboards have what and then pop it in.
- BN: Did the nothing float get back?
- RB: Mazare has sent the monies back

PA: Deposit for the Christmas ball has been sent

Social Update:

NO: Paid the deposit for Ball, bookings must be in by 10th Nov, legally blonde deadline is tomorrow (fri), hasn't been paid yet, waiting for deadline to go then will book seats. PA Halloween!

Development Update:

PA: Dave did a workshop yesterday, don't know what's next week, will sort it asap, cabaret...

GT: Called SUSU, you now have to go through their bar manager, got the email address or call SUSU and be put through to the bar manager, I know him so I can do it for you only if you want or are having any probs.

PA: I shall see what I can do!

Tours:

No Xafsa

Web and Promotions Update:

DM: Did some web stuff, added people, went to Charlie House's office- was cool, got hard drive, videos for cabaret are in 4K, so it may take a while for upload. Camera- Paige's brother is giving us a charger because he no longer needs it yay!

Ordinary Update:

JW: Small communication issue between prod teams

ROOM: Discussion into casting and issues- Outcome: Must come through committee as soon there is a potential issue. Communication is key!

DM: What we can learn is that in future to talk about things, even if it means to delay auditions, within reason

PA: It was a stress on the society and people in the society, lets aim to separate them and make it a better experience for everyone

BN: Silver lining, She Loves Me are opening auditions again

GT: Scheduling- be careful, scheduling for 9 hours of callbacks is less than ideal, be aware of individuals when writing schedules.

RB: How was our two day thing?

PA: That was nice, stressful but nice

GT: Made the best out of a bad situation

BN: For the future, having dance at beginning and then doing it at the end would be good

BN: For future, if it's over the time for a normal rehearsal slot then it needs to be changed.

PA: Didn't feel like I was losing anything by doing it in the evenings when you would be rehearsing, was more switched on, isn't a bad thing for the future.

<u>A.O.B:</u>

GT: Independent pitches-

9th nov- after committee, 7pm

7th nov (Midnight) written pitch deadline

GT: I booked rooms for potential independent show, as if there was an independent show slot where little puddle/help was, has a three week cross over with spring, as does spring and small. And intensive week .