

SHOWSTOPPERS COMMITTEE MINUTES

Attendees:

BN: Bella Norris (President)

AR: Abbie Roach (Secretary)

VHA: Victoria Howard- Andrews

(Treasurer)

NO: Nick Ong (Social Sec)

PA: Phoebe Armstrong

(Development)

DM: David Miller (Web)

XM: Xafsa Mohamud (Tours)

JW: John Wilders (Ordinary

Member)

JC: James Carter (Ordinary

Member)

Apologies:

GT: Gem Tunley (Vice President)

CE: Charlotte Evans (Social Sec)

Non-Com:

JP: Jacob Power

Minutes in a minute...

<u>Freshers show:</u> Feedback is up, budget is nearly closed

<u>Small show:</u> Production stuff is going well, they are looking and sounding great!

<u>Spring Show:</u> Act 1 run has been done, all their designs are done

Summer Show: Auditions happened

Mr Grin: Regular rehearsals start soon!

<u>Treasurer:</u> Money has been put in the bank, show money stuff is happening

<u>Social</u>: End of exams social? Potential to go and see Miss Saigon

Development: Looks of upcoming workshops

<u>Web:</u> The snow has melted (been taken off of the website)

<u>Ordinary:</u> Feedback form is up, society t-shirts coming soon

<u>AOB:</u> There was some small things, check out the full minutes

Society Update:

-

Freshers Show:

VHA: The budget is almost closed, I am pretty sure the show made £347.69. Going to wait until AI is cast before sending back show deposit's.

NO: Feedback, I'll give it one more week and have it ready after exams

Small Show Update:

AR: Blanketgate update: New blanket has been ordered, other colour relate things: phoebes dress didn't come but that's re-ordered, cast clothing is ordered, flyers/posters basically ready to go, headshots done by Dave, Georgia is coming in to do the trailer, all probs ordered or acquired. They are looking and sounding amazing! Feedback is on its way out as we speak.

BN: Proposed plan, I'd like to have a meeting with the CB prod team and determine the next step

VHA: Can we put something in the constitutional thing about having feedback done a month after auditions

Spring Show Update:

NO: I've done all the publicity stuff, it's all done, we did an act 1 run, still haven't heard back from mango but hopefully soon

XM: I'm gonna liaise on the 4th

Summer Show Update:

GT: So we're doing auditions, we've already stayed open tonight, we think everyone wanted to auditions has been able to, we have a sound designer, 2 members off of having a full band, callbacks 4-10 after Charlie Brown, will release callbacks list tonight (hopefully),

DM: Are you casting next day or late?

GT: See what callbacked people want

Mr Grin Update:

JP: Bit of bad news, someone had to drop out, now down to 15 but redistributed stuff, regular rehearsals start after Charlie Brown. Ben McQuigg is now co-MD with Gem and got an AP from the auditionees

Treasurer Update:

VHA: Gonna do CB show deposits, took all the money to the bank, Monies have been happening, put on Mr Grin group to pay memberships

Social Update:

NO: Charlotte and I were planning an end of exams social, possibly going to see Miss Saigon? Maybe, it feb 21st, hopefully we can sort that out in time, we shall try

Development Update:

PA: Took a breather cos AI auditions, as soon as exams are over I'm gonna try and book Bar 3 for spring cabaret and probs Bridge for summer (ahead of next development officer(s)). Gonna do some chill workshops/ destress to see some peeps. Over next two weeks gonna refine my week to week schedule. More people leading workshops. Potentially let anyone looking to be development to do some workshops

DM: Before AGM, do the same thing as last year, learning about committee roles

PA; Yeah of course!

Tours:

XM: Not much

Web and Promotions Update:

DM: Nothing much, taken off the snow

Ordinary Update:

JW: Will repost the feedback form and get some more in, hopefully next week

PA: Society clothing?

JC: I will push society clothing!

A.O.B:

BN: Tomorrow. Want to make it a 2 in 1, gender diversity talk and making a document 'committees guide to pitches', establishing what is acceptable to say no to pitches for.

PA: Main aim of the document is to create awareness and to create a document so that it

DM: we'll plug it tonight

NO: Who's chairing, what's the system?

BN: Basically, I'll start with a discussion with an explanation of what's gonna happen, what's the problem, then I'd like an open forum discussion, I'll happily chair it, like a committee it, Segway into physically writing down a list and then physically make a document. I think (I'll check if constitutionally its ok) that we don't need to vote on it and then we can pop it on the website.

AR: I'll minute it

PA: Because not everything in that doc won't be exclusively Gender diversity, can we make a preliminary one?

BN: I can draft one previously, but it'll be nice to have everyone's input

PA: Pop some ideas on committee group so that things aren't missed, and it creates a sort of structure for the discussion.

DM: About auditions, is there anything we can do to prevent the busy sitch,

BN: It happens all the time but it's just not a weekend day, so it's more packed in

AR: Georgia has offered to make the trailers for anyone else who wants them?

NO: That sounds good, subject to how the trailer turns out?

NO: We were thinking about maybe getting Jackbox and then using it for fundraisers and things, would make loads of money back?

BN: Like once as a charged fundraiser/social and then make it free.

BN: NO committee next week or but one the week after.