Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

- CT Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
- JI Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
- EG Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
- BP Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
- JG John Galbraith (Development)
- ME Millie Edwards (Development)
- AW Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
- NR Nadia Raza (Welfare)
- TP Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

- WF Will Fieldhouse (President)
- RM Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

KH - Katie Hallam PR - Patrick Riley

Minutes in a Minute

RENT: Budget almost ready to be closed.



Freshers Project: Second round of auditions almost done and new cast list released next week.

L5Y/ PIT Double Bill: Rehearsals have begun. Joe is L5Y show liaison Bitsy is PIT show liaison Millie is prod liaison Treasurer: People to start paying membership. Updated double bill budget to be approved

Social Secretaries: Halloween social form is out and groups are being organised.

Development Officers: Prod team roles workshop to be sorted.

Web and Promotions Officer: "Committee Weeks" begin shortly.

Welfare Officers: Society feedback being written up. Tours Officer (Other Tours): 24 show NSSC viewing to be advertised

Original Writing Officer:

AOB:

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

BP: Naked Calender is going really well. It's actually really fun! We've just got one group left to go.

Naked Calender is underway!

RENT Update:

JI: The only thing I'm waiting on is for WF to give me the go ahead then I can close that. Budget almost ready to be closed.

Fresher's Project:

MF: Deadline is tomorrow for the second lot of auditions so I've sent them all a message as a reminder. Only one person has sent in their auditions so far so I shall have a flood of emails tomorrow, then JG and I will look over them this weekend. And we'll send KH the dance ones as she's away this weekend.

Second lot of auditions done. New cast list to be posted next week.

(*TP joins the call)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

CT: We can get started with the liaison elections. There is going to be a separate show liaison for each of the shows but one prod liaison.

JI: I would like to be show liaison for the Last Five Years because:

- If you RON me we don't have one.

JI is elected as L5Y show liaison

BP: I would like to be show liaison for Putting It Together because:

- I think it will be really fun
- Plus I love listening to people's problems!

BP is elected as PIT show liaison

ME: I would like to be prod liaison for the Double Bill because:

- It will be really fun to be a part of such an amazing process
- Again, you get to hear everyone's problems and all the gossip, and we all know I love that.

ME is elected as the Double Bill prod liaison

AW: Update for the double bill, this is more of a web thing but the cast lists are on the website now. Rehearsals have started. SUSU aren't taking bookings so we are looking at doing it in prod teams' houses, still COVID safe with no more than 6

people. There's not much else unless anyone has any questions? CT: I don't think there are any stipulations that we haven't covered yet. JI: This is probably something to ask PR but he showed me his new budget and then he said he'd made a mistake and wanted to remake it. So I will just message him about it. Rehearsals have started! New budget to be approved.

Treasurer Update:

JI: Memberships; if people could start paying membership. I have RM and BP so far. Because I'm trying to see who needs to pay for membership , if I could get a full list of the freshers cast and prod teams, and same for the double bill. People to start paying membership.

Social Update:

BP: RM made the halloween post yesterday, people have filled it in. Yay. Read the post if you haven't read it yet! The way we're doing it is that RM will organise the groups that go out and I will organise the people that stay in.

CT: Could you guys look at doing another Hobbit social soon?

BP: Yes that is planned for the 14th! We've pretty much planned for the end of the term. NR: When will we find out the groups going out so that we can sort costumes?

Halloween social form to be filled and groups organised.

Development Update:

- ME: JG did that post with the option about workshops so we will see what the general feedback from that is I guess.
- JG: Almost everyone, especially the freshers, seem to be saying that they don't want online workshops. But some people have been saying they want stuff like the vibe of the welfare sessions that Nadia and Tom did over lockdown. And we will do that in smaller groups with people that already know us probably, or we can try to do it in real life.
- CT: You don't have to do regular workshops if people won't go to them, but can we look at doing a workshop in a couple of weeks on the prod team roles and how to do that. Because without being able to get assistance for everything, it's one that will be quite useful. Not just yet though, wait for people to settle into showstoppers.
- JG: We may be able to get 10 people into a room with two instructors if we are all sitting down. So a prod team workshop we'd be able to do in real life and then film them and upload them.
- EG: With that one it might be easier to do a presentation online then filming it so that we can get more people involved and able to ask questions. But I guess if people would rather things be in person, I don't know.
- CT: We can wait to see what people will prefer in a month, especially since we don't know what the state of things will be like in a month. But start looking at people to make that one.

Prod team roles workshop to be organised.

Web & Promo:

AW: Thanks to those of you who have filled out the (Committee weeks) spreadsheet so far.

The first weeks are filled out.

BP: AW what are you doing? AW: "Showstoppers do Countdown"

BP: What? How does that work?

AW: We're going to play Countdown

BP: What's the prize?

AW: A teapot.

BP: Don't lie!

AW: That's what they give away on countdown!

BP: So you're going to give us a teapot?

AW: Probably not. Any other questions?

NR: I was just wondering, when we do our weekly committee day is it up to us to advertise? AW: Just tell me what you want to post and I can do it.

TP: Am I allowed to do some more of the stupid videos like I did in lockdown? AW: Yeah sure!

Committee weeks to being shortly

Welfare Update:

NR: Committee t-shirts are coming soon! A got the email almost a week ago and they said it takes up to 10 days to arrive. Does anyone have a car in Southampton or lives in portswood to pick them up?

EG: Yeah I can collect them.

CT: How is showstoppers feedback going?

TP: We've got loads of responses. I will start writing it up this weekend and if my laptop wants to work I can try and get it done soon.

Committee t-shirts arriving shortly and to be collected.

Society feedback to be written up.

Tours Update:

CT: You're doing NSSC as your committee day aren't you EG? EG: Yes!

24 show NSSC being organised.

Original Writing Update: Nothing

AOB: Nothing