



SHOWSTOPPERS COMMITTEE MINUTES

Attendees:

BN: Bella Norris (President)

GT: Gem Tunley (Vice President)

AR: Abbie Roach (Secretary)

NO: Nick Ong (Social Sec)

CE: Charlotte Evans (Social Sec)

DM: David Miller (Web)

XM: Xafsa Mohamud (Tours)

JW: John Wilders (Ordinary Member)

JC: James Carter (Ordinary Member)

Apologies:

VHA: Victoria Howard- Andrews (Treasurer)

PA: Phoebe Armstrong (Development)

Non-Com:

JP: Jacob Power

Minutes in a minute...

Society: If you submit things via the jot form on the website and would like a response, make sure you leave a contact detail ☺

Freshers show: They're basically done the blocking, so it's just recaps and runs now!

Small show: Feedback coming ASAP, schedule has had a rejig

Spring Show: Feedback coming ASAP, schedule has also had a rejig

Mr Grin: Auditions coming up Wed/Thu/Fri

Funding: Potentially applying for money for keyboard case, a video camera and workshops

Treasurer: Paid some monies for the Ball

Social: Ball is a go! Broadway baby is on the 25th (We're gonna go after pitches)

Development: PA system booked for Cabaret, defo now on the 12th December. Stage combat workshop probably on the 17th February

Tours: Info meeting on the 22nd November

Web: Had an email asking to borrow costumes so we've sent them via the PA Facilities officer

AOB: Society t-shirts should be coming soon, drum kit is now going to be stored in Bella/Gem/Lydia's house because we can't keep it in the StageSoc store anymore

Society Update:

DM: Did you all see the email from the jot form on the website? (It was regarding getting involved with the society)

GT: They didn't leave a contact address so there's nothing we can do 😞

Freshers Show:

VHA (messed to Abbie): We have finished the show! So now into 2.5 weeks of recaps and run and we are in ship shape! I am reviving show deposits still but everything is on track!

DM: Doing trailer Saturday

Small Show Update:

CE: Sent out a google doc for availability to rejig the schedule

BN: Feedback?

AR: I'll make sure it's done by the end of the weekend

Spring Show Update:

NO: Working on feedback, went over schedule thanks to liaising

Mr Grin Update:

JP: Thanks for letting us do it! Auditions next week, not got a choreo yet but we've asked a few people, will ask more. Will wait until after auditions for AP

BN: Please send us a script, we'll only have it on the committee group and if people wanna read it they can

DM: Send me the banner and stuff and I'll put it on the website

JP: Wed, Fri and Sat are auditions, Sunday callbacks, Gem's not here Sunday so that might change

Funding:

BN: Next round of funding is open, mon 27th is closing date, find out on 8th December. What do we want?

GT: We'll probs want money for workshops

DM: New keyboard case or stand?

GT: Edinburgh transport is next funding round. We still have money to apply for, for workshops

DM: Video camera, for recording cabarets and rehearsals?

GT: It might have an issue because it's to sustain the society rather than further the society.
But we have to word it right

NO: Most people don't have adobe design for production stuff

GT: Won't get a subscription funded

NO: There is an older version which you can just buy

DM: Radio mics?

GT: We have a deal with susu as we paid for half of them, that's why we have a standard charge.

NO: Showstoppers laptop?

BN: Feel free to apply if you want

GT: We can apply for sheet music, but I don't know if that would be successful? Might be worth having a look what you can download from uni, application wise. Yes, for a new case for keyboard, I'll write that.

BN: Video camera, keyboard, workshops, nick looking into the adobe

Treasurer Update:

VHA: Liaised with social secs about the Christmas ball and sorted out those payments

And that's about it

BN: Still have monies yay

Social Update:

CE: Everyone's paid, and menu are choices in

DM: How many peeps coming?

CE: 44

BN: You doing a thing saying who wants to sit with who?

CE: Yeah! Also, the venue is sending us an invoice soon

NO: Tomorrows legally blonde. Broadway Baby on the 25th

BN: Pitches on that day but we can go after

NO: They just cancelled Follies for this evening, out of my control, really sorry

Development Update:

PA: I've contacted the student union man to get the PA system, think everything is all booked. Stage combat is set to be 17th Feb? Thoughts????

ROOM: Sounds good

Tours:

XM: We've made an event for info meeting, unfortunately its same time as Mr Grin auditions but it'll only be an hour and in same building so hopefully that'll be ok. Lots of interest on Facebook event

DM: When do we normally think about Edinburgh shows?

GT: End of Jan usually

Web and Promotions Update:

DM: Got a message on fb page, from a former showstopper, now a teacher, she asked about any costumes we have from little shop that her school can use?

GT: Has to go through facilities officer on PA committee, but like probs not because we don't know who bought what and if it was bought for little shop etc.so wouldn't know who they belong to

Ordinary Update:

JW: Liaised with nick and charlotte on behalf of Victoria about a few treasure concerns, it's all cool

A.O.B:

NO: Society shirts?

BN: I feel like I said to wait until springs been cast

JC: I'll get on it. Could we do a CD of people singing some of their songs from shows that we talked about previously?

GT: Very illegal so no 😞

JP: Someone in comedy wants to do an independent show on the 9-10th are you guys alright with that?

BN: Yeah sure, day of ball so you might lose audience numbers if you're alright with that

GT: Joe Lynch messaged us about drum kit, can it live anywhere else other than in the Annex because it's super packed in there

BN: Could it live in our house

GT: As long as it's understood that it has to live in someone's house and that would have to be very clear to future committees. They did make us a box.

BN: Someone will always have the space to keep it.

AR: As long as facilities officer for showstoppers knows where it is, that should be fine

BN: If it can't be kept then it's their job to find somewhere and ask around