



## **SHOWSTOPPERS COMMITTEE MINUTES**

### **Attendees:**

BN: Bella Norris (President)

GT: Gem Tunley (Vice President)

AR: Abbie Roach (Secretary)

NO: Nick Ong (Social Sec)

CE: Charlotte Evans (Social Sec)

DM: David Miller (Web)

PA: Phoebe Armstrong  
(Development)

XM: Xafsa Mohamud (Tours)

JW: John Wilders (Ordinary  
Member)

JC: James Carter (Ordinary  
Member)

### **Apologies:**

VHA: Victoria Howard- Andrews  
(Treasurer)

### **Non-Com:**

JP: Jacob Power

GC: Grace Curtis

### **Minutes in a minute...**

Society: Really cool opportunity to work with other PA societies in one big concert, read full minutes for all the info! We have more pianos than we thought!

Freshers show: It's happening!

Small show: It's good, feedback will be here soon!

Spring Show: May have a sponsorship!

Summer Show: Rights signed and sent off! Event for the auditions coming soon (they will be after Christmas)

Mr Grin: Had a read through

Liaison elections: JOHN IS SHOW LIAISON, BELLA IS PROD LIAISON

Treasurer: We still have money, however, we are missing £40 out of the tuck box currently

Social: Ice skating booked, Broadway Baby after that

Development: The last workshop of 2017 has happened, going to do mis-cast after Christmas as an Edinburgh fundraiser

AOB: Society t-shirts will be done in January once loans are in, doing a recording of the songs in Mr Grin which will be awesome

## **Society Update:**

GC: Hi I'm Grace, was the pres of Chopra, there's a movement at the moment to try to put together a summer show/concert, night at the proms related, we want to unite societies and get rid of the stigma of not having a crossover, we want to inspire people to tie all the societies to sing together. I just want to pitch to you this idea and to hopefully some feedback and for you to make it available to the society. It's for everyone and so we didn't want it to be just a flyer. There's need for a new choir and not one that fits into a category and to bring music to Southampton. We should have a conducting student doing the conducting, should be free, Turner Sims. In terms of financial aid, we'd ask tops £5 per person for printing music. Money made will probs go to charity. In terms of rehearsal we have the options of once a week every week, or have an intensive weekend, teaching music to some and then one rehearsal now and again. In terms of songs, it'll be big things that everyone knows. Trying to break up cliques and such.

GT: You said summer, what dates vaguely?

GC: It's in exam period, there is some leeway, slightly before or near start. The final date is a see what people want/need. Degrees come first so it's flexible.

BN: Sounds great!

Room: agrees

BN: How are we publicising?

GC: For now we just wanted to get the word out and gauge stuff. In terms of publicity, we want a bit from you, make a group and event, rehearsals will be publicised in the group. Hopefully we'll have a band!

JC: Repertoire?

GC: We'll do a bit of what people know and it'll, big group numbers. There will be a running theme but yeah, there's a lot of scope.

NO: Assuming you get all the societies, how long would the event be? How long would they have?

GC: Everyone will get to learn from each society, everyone sings everything, each society teaches everyone things

DM: Why do you want to do it during exams not earlier?

GC: If we do it then then we get it for free

GT: So, we've got 5 keyboards, so StageSoc did some hunting in the Annex, did some investigating with invoices, found that we have our 2 rehearsal keyboards, we also have a little one bought for rehearsals that's too small, then there's two 88 keyboards but they are not show quality keyboards, one they found in the annex and ones that's in the PA house

that they are thinking it's ours that's been sat there for yeeears. It's probably ours. Our best plan of action is to sell the rubbish one, and to also to sell the one we defo know is ours and take the one in the PA house, make sure it works and then maybe use that one as a spare rehearsal one. Good?

Room: good

GT: The two in the annex don't have power packs, pedals or stands

### **Freshers Show:**

VHA: it makes me really sad that this is one of the last updates I'll do - but they smashed it last night and I love them loads

NO: Went in and did liaising things, couple of issues to do with discipline from cast, Friday was problematic, there was issues with prod team, they thought there was disconnect between prod team and cast, was the last day of intensive so there wasn't much to do. One person did have an issue with cast liaison thing, taking time out of rehearsals. I pointed them to society feedback or James and John. Going to post the feedback form.

AR: Went and did some prod liaising and some tech liaising, sorted out a prod issue, tech were happy

### **Small Show Update:**

CE: Yeah, it's good

BN: Feedback?

AR: I will push again

GT: We had some words, but I didn't talk about feedback, would you like me too?

AR: It's ok not just yet

### **Spring Show Update:**

NO: We went to the PA house today, the mess is cleared up now! Charlie spoke to Mango, they are open to sponsorship. Rehearsals will resume Sunday.

DM: Did you get a bed?

NO: No, we're going to use the PA house one

### **Summer Show Update:**

GT: Rights contract is though, signed and sent off. I have an AMD, called Joe, he can play guitar, so can play in rehearsals. We're having a meeting before Christmas to finalise cuts to characters and smush some of them. We'll release the event next week for auditions.

DM: Still doing auditions first week back, when's callbacks?

GT: Yep, callbacks on the Saturday to give people a clear day before exams start

### **Mr Grin Update:**

JP: Had a read through Sunday, unfortunately someone has had to drop out due to health, they were a multi-role part, but we can re-jig the multirole bits.

BN: I have a script, I'll put it on committee

JP: Our booked rehearsals start just after CB, but we can do a bit until then, will be fine

### **Liaison Elections:**

JOHN IS SHOW LIAISON

BELLA IS PROD LIASION

### **Treasurer Update:**

VHA: Have been paying things for fame, also can we bulk buy some more batteries for the society plz, skating is paid for and we still have monies

BN: Batteries are usually bought on a show by show basis, but we could think about that

XM: Basically, we are missing £40 out of the tuck box. We are missing the key.

BN: We need to establish where they key is

XM: This is from As You Like It, plus the £75 comedy put in.

BN: Step 1- find the key, Step 2- keep it locked and being on it

XM: JV mentioned about doing a count after each night to see if anything ever goes missing

BN: Yeah, make sure it's all checked and secure

### **Social Update:**

CE: Paid for ice skating all booked, 11 people

NO: Chasing that up, Broadway baby happening after that, Christmas ball is this weekend

CE: I have emailed about that tables, they haven't got back but it'll be fine

BN: Does Gem know what she's eating?

CE: Yep!

NO: Charlie House is photographing!

### **Development Update:**

PA: Closing cabaret sign ups tonight, everything is sorted for cabaret, I will be asking for backing tracks to be sent to me by Sunday night

BN: Are you getting a human with the tech?

PA: Erm not sure

BN: If you're booking in a susu building you automatically get a human, so just check

PA: Will do! Had my last workshop of 2017, was real good, gonna start planning for the new year. For humanities students with no exams, I'm going to do workshops, real chill ones, for longer times

NO: Mis-cast?

PA: I'm gonna make an event soon. Was gonna do it costing £3 to raise money for Edinburgh

### **Tours:**

XM: I said my stuff in treasurer update

### **Web and Promotions Update:**

-

### **Ordinary Update:**

-

### **A.O.B:**

PA: When's Edinburgh pitches?

XM: Probs after exams

BN: We can come up with a date next week?

JC: Spoken to Hannah Parsons about recording to Mr Grin, it's completely free first week after exams. Hannah is doing music tech, so has access to the music studio place. Also, I forgot about non-com shirts sorry

PA: Maybe do it when loans come in, first week of Jan?

Room: That's cool

DM: When are we having that meeting?

BN: First Thursday back after committee