



## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u><b>Attendees</b></u>	<u><b>Minutes in a Minute!</b></u>
VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)	<b>Mr Grin:</b> Everything is going really well.
PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)	<b>She Loves Me:</b> Budget to still be closed.
GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)	<b>American Idiot:</b> Ticket sales info is being collated to send to MTI.
JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)	<b>The Trail to Oregon:</b> Had first rehearsal!
JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)	<b>Treasurer:</b> All money has been banked! Chasing up All cast clothing and Rent ticket payments, as well as Mr Grin show deposits and memberships.
AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)	<b>Social:</b> Leavers' meal venue is being finalised!
NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)	<b>Development:</b> Cabaret event is up! Singing workshop next week.
OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)	<b>Tours:</b> Second venue payment has been made.
ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)	<b>Web:</b> Next newsletter will be out soon!
XM- Xafsa Mohamud (Tours Officer)	<b>Ordinary:</b> Committee clothing order form is up! Also organising society feedback.
AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)	<b>AOB:</b> Nuffield discussion will be next week. (10/05/2018) Pitches for Small Show and Freshers Show will provisionally be on Saturday 2nd June.
BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)	
<u><b>Apologies</b></u>	
<u><b>Non-Comm</b></u>	
JP - Jacob Powers	
DM - David Miller	
BH - Ben Hughes	



## **Mr Grin**

JP: Sorting tech, CG got in touch about dry hire contract and risk assessment. Have to have this contract signed by VHA, JP to sign, someone non-StageSoc or non-Showstoppers has to witness. Finally got all the songs done. There's only a few more things to block.

BH: Try to sort out what is happening in regards to our rehearsals clashing with TG showcase.

JP: All props and costumes mainly gotten. Some headshots were done on Sunday, and some are being done on this Sunday - trailer also being done, and there are rehearsal photos to use for promo. We will do a boosted post with NO. Have put up ads on external websites. Asked for reviewers but haven't heard back from any. Bio form is up, as is the event page. After getting some feedback on Sunday, we are now doing a day by day schedule. The intensive week schedule is done, though we are missing people for TG Showcase on Monday and Tuesday. We've said to be off script from Wednesday, and we've gone over most of the more complicated scenes at least twice. We're in the Annex from next Sunday.

BH: It's all been very lovely

VHA: I'm bringing the drum-kit to the get-in on Sunday.

JP: John came in to liaise last Sunday.

**VHA to sign contract. NO to organise boosted promo post. VHA to bring drum-kit to Mr Grin get in.**

## **She Loves Me**

VHA: Budget to still be closed. Have we had tech invoices yet?

JW: No.

VHA: Drop HP and IT a message to follow that up.

**JW to follow up tech invoices with HP and IT, and to close budget.**



## **American Idiot**

GT: Am getting scripts returned, when posted will drop receipt to JW. Please could I have the final figures for how much we took in regards to ticket sales so I can send these to MTI?

VHA: Do you need night by night figures?

GT: Yes

VHA: Will send that over.

GT: Then I will send over final invoice

XM: What's happening with audition feedback?

GT: We're just waiting on one prod team member.

XM: I'm collating the show feedback now.

**VHA to send over final night-by-night figures for AI. XM to continue to collate feedback.**

## **The Trail to Oregon**

PA: We had a rehearsal

BM: It was peng - have uploaded a press release. We need some press photos and have a trailer we want to film. London ticket sales info to come soon, but all promo for them needs to be done by May 21st.

VHA: In regards to fundraising, would committee, cast and crew be up for auctioning off services you'd like? Also, have had the idea of auctioning off made up baskets at the Olympics and at TG picnics. Finalising sponsorship tomorrow.

PA: There will be a post up today about a fundraising quiz tonight which will be held next week.

**ALL COMM to send suggestions for services auction and basket auction.**



## Treasurer Update

JW: Have paid £1110 for the Edinburgh venue. Have paid Wessex Clothing for Mr Grin. Still waiting on some AI cast clothing and Rent ticket payments. HP has been reimbursed for SLM. Have deposited the money taken for AI, including the float (£2346).

JP: Has everyone involved in Mr Grin paid membership?

JW: Still chasing up a few, as well as show deposits.

VHA: May pop into a rehearsal.

**JW to follow up AI cast clothing payments, Rent ticket payments, Mr Grin memberships and Mr Grin show deposits.**

## Social Update

AR: We're going to see a potential venue for the Leavers' Dinner next Thursday so hopefully will have an event up next Thursday evening if it's nice. The date for that is June 8th.

JC: We've got a social tonight at the Hobbit.

AR: We're organising a social to see Warhorse at The Mayflower - this is joint with TG.

JC: We're organising a movie night next week in Chamberlain - will put up a poll as to what we want to watch.

AR: We've got a nice spreadsheet for all of our events.

JW: Doing £5 contribution per person for the leavers meal.

AR: Is £25 reasonable for dining?

GT: It was £23 last year and £18 non-dining, so

JC: When do you want us to put the big votey boi up for the awards?

AR: Was going to put it up at the same time as the event?

VHA: Can that be posted on the event and on the group?

JW: Should it be done after Mr Grin?

VHA: Yes!

Pa: How are we doing the awards this year? There was a bit of confusion last year with the longlist and shortlist, as people ended up voting for things twice. Specifically in



regards to awards such as best onstage moment, because people can phrase things for those awards differently but still mean the same thing.

VHA: Look at the nominations, and join up ones that mean the same list onto the shortlist.

JC: Also, whether we do solid awards or just certificates, we're probably going to do the same award for the runner-up of each award as well as the winner.

AR: Also, there was some feedback about how last year the Best Ensemble was an individual, when it should've been a group, so will be doing it as a group.

**AR and JC to finalise leavers' meal venue, to post event after Mr Grin has happened and to organise awards for leavers' meal.**

### **Development Update**

OJ: We did an improv workshop.

AR: It was really good!

GPV: I took lots of photos and videos for us to use, so will send those to NO.

OJ: Next week we will be singing.

ZB: The cabaret event is up.

PA: Are we going to do a comm number?

OJ: Yes.

PA: Are we going to do a cabaret workshop?

OJ: Yes.

AW: When will the pitching workshop be?

ZB: The week after the singing workshop. Then the cabaret workshops will be after that.

OJ: There will be a games workshop during exams too. Also please keep filling out the cabaret form!

PA: Would it be worth doing a 24 workshop? Telling people what 24 is like?

VHA: Depends on if you have time or space in your schedule - after pitches if we have a show, we'll know when auditions for that will be and can work out if we can fit one in before that. Will also set up a poll for the committee number for cabaret.



**GPV to send photos and videos of workshop to NO. VHA to set up poll for cabaret committee number.**

### **Tours Update**

XM: Things haven't been happening as my email has been full. Tickets will be on sale on May 17th. JW has sent the second payment to The Space. I went to comedy on Wednesday to talk about tuck - JH is doing tuck on Friday. I've also made a post on the 'Where's My Tuck' Group, as the final counts that should be happening have stopped happening.

VHA: Please sign up for tuck. We share the responsibility with the society whose show it's not.

XM: Please also come to NSSC!

**XM to continue to monitor final counts for tuck. ALL COMM to ensure tuck for other shows is covered.**

### **Web and Promotions Update**

GPV: Another newsletter is going out this week.

PA: The vice-president email account is bouncing, so will get NO to shut that account and create a new one if that's okay with everyone.

BM: What's happening with the cabaret videos?

PA: DM done with Spring - where are the Christmas videos?

BM: DM should have them - will chat with him.

OJ: Will NO be filming summer?

PA: You'll need to discuss that with him.

GPV: Also, as NO was not at workshop yesterday, I took photos and videos for the newsletter and the promo video - think it would be a good idea to continue to ensure this is done when NO isn't able to attend.

**NO to sort Vice-President email account. BM, NO and DM to discuss Christmas cabaret videos. OJ and NO to organise filming Summer cabaret. ALL COMM to**



**ensure photos and videos are taken at every workshop for future newsletters and promo.**

### **Ordinary Update**

BM: Fill in the committee clothing form please.

PA: Deadline?

BM: Yeah.

PA: A week?

BM and AW: Yes.

AW: Going to do society feedback soon.

AR: Would it be worth doing a scale of numbers alongside text boxes, rather than just text boxes to fill in as people often ignore forms where they have to write a lot?

VHA: Good idea, that might get more responses.

**ALL COMM to fill out committee clothing form by next committee. BM and AW to organise society feedback.**

### **A.O.B**

PA: Would like to meet with Gone Rogue entire team for a discussion- including taking an OM with us.

GT: 24 money - when does it go to the charity?

VHA: It goes through their page so was done straight away pretty much last year.

JC: Can we have £30 to provide snacks for the movie night?

JW: Will have a look

GPV: When are pitches for Small Show and Freshers happening?

VHA: Saturday 2nd June.

AR: Please can the pitch workshop happen before then?

BM: Stagesoc have pyro event that day, so will need to check with them that that's okay as it starts at 2pm.

PA: Script from Southampton Sight is being written up for us, will continue to keep you updated.

VHA: Have had an email about holding one-off events from SUSU which I will continue to look into.

May 3rd 2018



**XM to organise discussion with the rest of Gone Rogue. JW to look at providing money for next week's social. OJ and ZB to ensure pitching workshop happens before Saturday 2nd June, and VHA to check with StageSoc that pitches can be held that day. PA to keep committee updated on Southampton Sight Script. VHA to look into holding one-off events through SUSU.**