



Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u>Attendees</u>	<u>Minutes in a Minute!</u>
<p>VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)</p> <p>PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)</p> <p>GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)</p> <p>JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)</p> <p>AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)</p> <p>JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)</p> <p>NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)</p> <p>OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)</p> <p>ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)</p> <p>AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)</p>	<p>The Trail to Oregon: The budget is pretty much finalised!</p> <p>Legally Blonde: They've had a sponsorship offer!</p> <p>It Shoulda Been You: They have a cast!</p> <p>Sweeney Todd: Last day to audition is Saturday 20th!</p> <p>Treasurer: We're just waiting on the transfer of our takings from the Fringe to come through.</p> <p>Social: We're going to see Jesus Christ Superstar soon!</p> <p>Development: Talks are happening about a super exciting workshop.</p> <p>Web: The website is being updated this weekend.</p> <p>Ordinary: The Trail to Oregon feedback form is up, so go fill it out!</p> <p>Original Writing: We have a few originally written shows being discussed by committee!</p> <p>AOB: Feedback for Legally Blonde and It Shoulda Been You will be out in the next few weeks.</p>
<u>Apologies</u>	
<p>BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)</p>	
<u>Non-Committee</u>	
<p>JaC - James Chambers</p>	
<p>DM - David Miller</p>	
<p>SB - Samena Brunning</p>	



The Trail to Oregon:

GPV: I have pretty much finalised the budget - we've made £1214.47 in profit! A few things may slightly change, but it shouldn't be by much.

AW: I have posted the feedback form on various PA pages. I've had two responses so far, but will put a deadline on it next week.

AW to publish deadline for feedback for TTTO towards the end of next week.

Legally Blonde:

AR: We've had lots of rehearsals, it's going well. We've had a sponsorship offer of £50 from a local hair salon, so IB is sorting that out.

VHA: When did you want me to come in for liaison? Maybe sometime next week?

AR: We'll schedule that in for next week. Our tech rider has been sent off and is being discussed next week.

NO: Can you send me a finalised cast list?

AR: Yes of course.

VHA: Did you talk to these guys about their banner for the Blithe Spirit programme?

NO: Yes, that's all sorted and good.

LB PROD TEAM to schedule in time for liaison next week and to send NO the final cast list.

It Shoulda Been You:

JW: We have a cast! We had a read through on Monday, BN did some character and accent work yesterday. We are teaching the blocking and singing for the opening number on Saturday.

PA: We need to elect a production and show liaison.

VHA: AR will be show liaison, and AW will be production liaison.

AR and AW to liase with ISBY PROD TEAM regarding liaison.

Sweeney Todd:

PA: We've had two days of auditions, and we only have three slots left for Saturday. We have our callbacks on Sunday. As there's a non-Showstoppers social on Saturday night which lots of Showstoppers are going to, we would like to send out our call back list without naming which characters they are called back for. We have brought on PR as an AP. We are still looking for another co-producer and more APs. We have almost confirmed another AMD, and EG will be an AMD. We would then like to replicate that on the direction side by having two ADs, but we will finalise this after auditions. I had a conversation with AE who is working at a pie restaurant, and she has spoken to her manager today regarding sponsorship, so he will get in contact with us really soon. We're currently sorting out our graphics, and are almost finished with that.

ST PROD TEAM to finalise graphics with NO.



Treasurer:

JW: Have sent £35 to VHA to travel to get the keyboard fixed on Monday. I also wanted to start chasing memberships, but you can only buy them online, not at the actual box office, so I'm going to wait on it until I hear about it any further. Regarding the Edinburgh money, all of the Showstoppers' money from Edinburgh has been transferred to TG, so they've transferred it back to us.

PA: As soon as that money has transferred into our account, I will set up a meeting with each society's president and one member of each prod team in my role as Theatrical Rep.

VHA to get keyboard fixed on Monday.

Social:

AR: Last week we had the CB social! We have a trip to see JCS in the pipeline. This week I will meet up with JC to organise the socials for the rest of the term. There was a bit of a miscommunication regarding a joint Halloween social, but we are sorting that out now within PA.

PA: Yes, I'm talking to The Edge and then when that is confirmed, I will talk to all of the societies' social secs. Then you can ask the whole society about costumes.

NO: What's the situation with Christmas Ball?

AR: There will be an update next week.

AR and JC to schedule socials for the rest of term this week, to liaise with PA regarding the PA Theatrical Halloween Social, and to update committee regarding Showstoppers' Christmas Ball next week.

Development:

OJ: Yesterday we did a dance workshop run by ZB.

ZB: We have a few exciting workshops in the pipeline!

OJ: Where were we at with talking to the guy running the funded workshop?

ZB: I asked about whether he had any dates before Christmas and he hasn't replied, so we will report back. Also, can we book cabaret soon please?

PA: Sure, we'll find time to soon, don't worry!

OJ and ZB to finalise funded workshop and to book cabaret with PA.

Web:

NO: I'm just going to spend tomorrow updating the website.

OJ: Can we also have a chat about the development page on the website?

NO: Yes, I'll do that this weekend.

OJ: It just needs updating, it's very outdated.

NO: Absolutely. We also need to have a discussion with TG about the camera.

PA: Can Sweeney Todd have a page on the website?

NO: Sure.

NO to update website this weekend.



Ordinary:

AW: The feedback form for TTTO is up. Society feedback is being sorted out by BM. In terms of society clothing, I've been talking to SH about the clothing and I have some designs which I will put up in the committee group today.

BM to write up Society Feedback. AW to post designs for society clothing into the committee group.

Original Writing Update:

PA: I sent everyone the link to the JM musical.

AR: It's lit!

PA: Please do listen to and read it, and then we can all discuss it next committee. Then we can put the steps together for originally written shows, and get JM in for a workshop if we would like to pursue it, hopefully before Christmas. Separately to this, last year, we had a message regarding an originally written musical 'A Queer Affair', which the committee at the time decided was not appropriate for Showstoppers at that point as it was similar in subject to a recent independent show. I have had an email this week, asking us if it would now be possible to pursue this further as the previous committee had said to approach the new committee regarding it this year.

VHA: I think we need to establish whether or not the contents of the show have been changed in any way first before making a decision.

PA: Sure, I will start to formulate a response to the email I received then. Also, I will work on writing a description for the role of Original Writing Officer for the constitution so it can be added at the AGM as a new distinct role on committee.

ALL COMM to read and listen to JM's musical. PA to respond to writer of 'A Queer Affair' and to start writing up a description for the role of Original Writing Officer to be added to the constitution at the next AGM.

AOB:

SB: I think we need to have a set of guidelines about when we should lend the camera out and when we don't, as we've had some instances where it's been unclear. There's the idea of using the loan system we use for the TG lights, which can go on the website. I think if a member of committee doing something within our societies wants to take it out for external activities related to arts and performing still involving TG or Showstoppers, this is fine, but it is at the discretion of the committees.

VHA: Yes sure, I think as long as it is decided that the liability would lie with either TG or Showstoppers then that's fine. If the liability for the camera is thought to lie with an individual instead of this, then that is a circumstance in which the joint society camera is potentially not appropriate for that project.

NO: I would like a set of guidelines written up just to ensure that the liability issue is clear.

SB: You could definitely write those up and discuss them with the committees, then they can go up on the websites.

PA: Is it worth setting up a joint committee group to talk about when the camera is being loaned?



NO: No, as then you would have to set up a new group each year - I think a centralised solution would be clear.

SB: Yes, then they can be used by everyone and future committees, rather than just the two current committees.

JaC: And with the loan system we have, you can see all of the previous uses and you would get an email when someone takes the camera out.

NO: Great, then I think we should meet up to set up some guidelines, and then we can work out how to set up the loan system on our website as well.

PA: You can encrypt audition forms so they can only use university emails, which is worth doing.

AR: With the costumes in the PA house, who owns them, and can they be taken out not for Showstoppers?

PA: In the theatrical room, they are all of theatricals, unless people pay for them.

AR: If someone wanted to request access to the costumes for something theatrical but not being done with PA, can they?

PA: Come and talk to me regarding it outside of committee. Also, for all prod teams, if anyone on your prod teams needs access to the PA house let me know - everyone, including committee, will need membership to have this access.

VHA: Legally Blonde feedback needs to be out by November 6th.

JW: We're hoping to get ISBY feedback out next week.

VHA: I sent an email back to the member of staff from the music department who contacted me last week, but have not had a response. Has everyone seen the clean-up event for the PA house? Please go!

PA: We are also really lucky that we have a house! So please go help out.

NO to liase with SB regarding camera guidelines and loaning system. FUTURE PROD TEAMS to talk to BM regarding limiting audition form emails to UoS email addresses. ALL PROD TEAMS to liase with PA regarding gaining access to the PA house. LB PROD TEAM to send out feedback by November 6th. ALL COMM to attend the PA House clean-up where possible.

N.B. This was then followed by a committee-only discussion regarding the way pitches which have been held during the current committee's tenure have been overseen. This has resulted in the decision to establish a set of guidelines for the current committee to follow regarding how pitches will be run in the future, which will be transferred to future committees during the committee handover period. This discussion was held in response to a Jot Form response.