



Showstoppers Committee Minutes

<u>Attendees</u>	<u>Minutes in a Minute!</u>
<p>VHA - Victoria Howard-Andrews (President)</p> <p>PA - Phoebe Armstrong (Vice President)</p> <p>GPV - Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey (Secretary)</p> <p>JW - John Wilders (Treasurer)</p> <p>NO - Nick Ong (Webmaster)</p> <p>OJ - Oliver Johnson (Development)</p>	<p>The Trail to Oregon: Feedback will be out soon.</p> <p>Legally Blonde: The show is incredible!</p> <p>It Shoulda Been You: Everything is on track.</p> <p>Sweeney Todd: They have two new cast members!</p> <p>Treasurer: Please pay for the Christmas ball!</p>
<p><u>Apologies</u></p> <p>AR - Antigone Robertson (Social Sec)</p> <p>JC - Josiah Chamberlain (Social Sec)</p> <p>ZB - Zoë Blackall (Development)</p> <p>AW - Alex Wareham (Ordinary Member)</p> <p>BM - Ben McQuigg (Ordinary Member)</p>	<p>Social: The Christmas Ball is this weekend!</p> <p>Development: Christmas cabaret is next week!</p> <p>Web: The camera loaning system has been developed.</p>
<p><u>Absences</u></p> <p>ND - Naomi Dixon</p> <p>JH - James Hurford</p>	<p>Original Writing: 'O.A.P and Me' is still being developed.</p> <p>AOB: There will be an Edinburgh Fringe meeting soon!</p>

December 6th 2018



TTTO:

VHA: Still waiting on feedback.

OJ: And we still need to send out the GoFundMe stuff.

VHA: We will do that after Christmas.

AW to compile show feedback. TTTO PROD TEAM to send out GoFundMe rewards.

Legally Blonde:

PA: They're doing a show!

NO: I did dress run photos. There will be another video, mainly for the cast. In their budget they had lots put aside for of FB advertising, but we only used it for the main promo video.

LB PROD TEAM and CAST to continue doing a fab job!

ISBY:

JW: Everything is still ticking along! We had a prod team meeting today, with KG and IT about StageSoc things, as we're making a couple of changes to the set. We also then had a meeting with ND now she's back from Nell Gwynn to catch her up and to delegate production tasks. Me and JM are sourcing people for the band. AR did a liaison session.

NO: ND sent over the production schedule - I'm doing a mock up for their cast clothing, and then will be starting on other promotional materials over the next week.

NO to work on ISBY promo materials.

Sweeney Todd:

PA: We have two new people, so we've been catching them up and slotting them into things. We need to do a bit of rescheduling for some rehearsals.

GPV: I went in for a liaison session. It was all really positive, and although a few concerns were raised regarding the schedule, the cast understand this is due to absences and will be fine from next term.

NO: After LB, I will press AR for a promo schedule.

VHA: Please do feedback by the end of term.

PA: We're just waiting on one person, but it will get done.

NO and AR to liaise regarding promo schedule. ST PROD TEAM to finish feedback.

Spring Awakening:

OJ: GH has started applying for the rights. We're trying to work out when to have auditions due to everyone's different schedules, but we think we have worked something out that works for everything. It will probably be the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the first week of term, with callbacks that Saturday evening. GH will mock up a design for auditions.

NO: Please get a promo schedule to me as soon as you can.

SA PROD TEAM and NO to liaise regarding promo schedule.

Treasurer:

December 6th 2018



JW: Still getting payments in for various things. I will send a list to AR about who to chase up regarding Christmas Meal payments.

VHA: You can just post that on the group.

JW: Paid £42.20 to KS, and then £7.42 to KS. I paid 13.25 to TL, and £13 to AR. I have also gotten out a float for Legally Blonde - yesterday I took out £150, and then I have taken out an additional £50 for the float. I paid CH £90 for doing the photos for the Christmas Meal.

VHA: I spoke to JC about applying for funding for a joint sewing machine, so I will fill in an application for that tomorrow.

ND: On Monday, there was an update on the Edinburgh money being paid into the wrong account. The bank have said it should be coming within a couple of weeks.

JW to post list of who still needs to pay for the Christmas Meal. VHA to complete sewing machine funding application.

Social

PA: We're having a ball.

VHA: And we will also have a 'Showstoppers see Macbeth' event.

AR and JC to organise 'Showstoppers see Macbeth' event.

Development

OJ: We did the best that we could yesterday. For Christmas Cabaret, which is on Tuesday, we have 12 sign ups, so keep signing up for that! Next week we're doing Christmas fun!

JW: I will be getting a float out for Cabaret, but someone else will need to take money on the day.

GPV: Last week NO said he would be able to.

NO: I still can, so please remind me!

NO and JW to liaise regarding Christmas Cabaret takings.

Web and Promo

NO: I finally finished the camera loaning system document, so we're making progress on that, and I'm following up on how the actual form for the website is going with WS. I have done LB promo, and am chasing up other prod team schedules. I turned the snow on on the website.

NO to follow up on the camera lending system form, and to chase up promo schedules from prod teams.

Original Writing

PA: I'm still waiting to hear back from JM, but will keep you updated.

PA to continue to update committee about 'O.A.P. and Me'.

AOB

ND: We have been talking amongst TG about feedback we have had from last year's freshers, about them not knowing early enough about Edinburgh to plan whether it was financially an option for them. We'd like to propose that we hold the Edinburgh information meeting either just before exams, or just after at the start of semester 2, so people have more time.

December 6th 2018



GPV: We also have a Tours Officer now!

ND: I'm also happy to sit down with PR and talk him through what Edinburgh involves, as XM isn't here to do a handover. Do you have anything on during that time period?

PA: We have auditions.

VHA: But it might be nice as then you may get more interest in Edinburgh?

PA: It could work quite well happening either just before or after a workshop.

NO: We could also record it.

GPV: Or we could live stream it on Facebook!

PA: We could live stream it!

ND: I just wanted to bring it up now so PR is aware.

PA: And if he's not comfortable with doing it so soon, there are plenty of people on committee that can.

OJ: What are committee doing at cabaret?

PA: There's not really enough of us.

VHA: Just sing something simple like 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.

The next section has been redacted to enhance your Cabaret viewing pleasure.

VHA: Can we reschedule committee next week please? Either to Wednesday after workshop or to some other point in time. I'll make a Doodle poll. Also There's a refreshers bunfight on Tuesday - but it's after all of our auditions so I don't think it's necessary for us to go.

COMM to communicate with TG regarding Edinburgh info meeting. VHA to propose potential time options for next week's committee.