

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]
Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]
APOLOGIES:
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]
NON-COMMITTEE:
OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:
John Wilders [JW]
Phoebe Armstong [PA]
Zoe Blackall [ZB]
Victoria Howard-Andrews [VHA]
Isaac Treuherz [IT]
Sophie Harvey [SH]
James Hurford [JH]
Paige Williams [PW]

Minutes in a Minute

Trail to Oregon:
Maciek to close the budget
Ollie is sending GoFundMe

Legally Blonde:
Maciek to close the budget

It Shoulda Been You:
Maciek waiting for invoice from SUSU

Sweeney Todd:
Gaby is coming in to do feedback

Spring Awakening:
Spring Awakening do audition feedback
There's the show

O.A.P and Me:
O.A.P and Me do audition feedback
Cast clothing is going to be happening

Songs for a New World/Tick, Tick, Boom!!:
Ollie will liaise between comm and TTB
Auditions will be coming soon

Treasurer:
Maciek will chase up outstanding payments from members

Social Secretaries:
An event for 'I Spy' to be made
Leavers Ball event being planned soon

Development Officers:
Handover to take place
Planning Summer Cabaret

Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe to sort out committee photos
Chloe to start 'Meet the Committee' videos

Tours Officer (Edinburgh):
A meeting is to be held between Edinburgh prod teams and Maciek

Tours Officer (Other Tours):
Kit will have a detailed plan about his other ideas for new touring events

Welfare Officers:
Ollie and Emma to sort out clothing

Original Writing Officer:
Handover to take place

AOB:
Committee will arrange the Nuffield



Society Update:

AR: How is everyone.

MS: Hi all of non-comm.

AR: Any updates? PR f****d up once more. Tech liaison and facilities officer are in AOB. Any update? No?

PR will try not to f*ck up again.

Trail to Oregon:

OJ: VHA is pestering me to drop off the stuff at her house which I will. I don't know the plan but it will happen.

MS: According to JW (G)aby has the budget.

EF: Gaby?

AR: It should be Abbie who has it.

PR: Wait Gaby or Abbie? Who has the budget? Gaby or Abbie? I need to know. I'm just going to put Abbie with a G in brackets to cover all bases.

EF: Just message both of them.

AR: Needs to get off the agenda.

AR: **Tiggy explains GoFundMe to new committee and why it's still on the agenda**

MS will message to see who has the budget.

OJ will send the GoFundMe stuff so TTO can get off the agenda.

Legally Blonde:

MS: I paid show deposits back.

AR: I got one back! Thanks.

AW: I didn't.

MS: Yes you did.

AW: Ok.

AR: Is that all you need to close the budget.

MS: I assume.

AW: When you assume you make an ass out of you and me. (*Yeah he said it*).

EF: Icon.

AR: I forgot to say. Has everyone had handover?

AW: (*Whilst holding back the tears*) You keep taking my points.

OJ: We tried to but IBP needed sleep.

PR: Just development?

SC: Well I assume I don't need a handover.

PR: Yes you do.

AR: Yes PA was Original Writing Officer so you need to have handover with her.

MS: You know what, I think everyone has been paid. Just message if not.

AR: Cool. Can we take it off the agenda?

MS: I'm not that confident.

AW: Let's just keep it on for another 6 months just in case.

EF: It'll still be there in 5 years time.

PR: Future committees will say 'Tell us the tale of Legally Blonde'.

MS will attempt to close the budget.

IBP and HM will have a Development handover with OJ and ZB.

SC will have an Original Writing handover with PA.

It Shoulda Been You:

AR: I shoulda done feedback. Oops.

MS: The budget has been closed and John has sent off a phat invoice. I've emailed SUSU and hopefully we'll have a breakdown so we know what 's going on.

KH: Everyone loves a good breakdown.

SUSU will hopefully get back to MS about the invoice.

Sweeney Todd:

EF: Tweeney Swod.

AR: Gaby is doing feedback and is coming in next week. Anything else? This seems to be going very quickly.

Gaby is coming in to do feedback next week.

Spring Awakening:

OJ: Sh*t-a-brick gang we open tonight.

PR: For the minutes, is sh*t-a-brick hyphenated?

EF: Sh*t-a and I cannot emphasise enough..... brick.

AW: Audition feedback.

OJ: I'm trying. I really am.

KH: I've not finished mine.

OJ: We're less prepared than I thought.

AR: Audition feedback this week would be great but I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I've not done that either. Anything else?

MS: Question?

CT/BM: Tell me what you think about me?

MS: Can I take some money in the region of £10-£20 to cover the prize for the ticket sales in spring awakening.

AR: If that's ok with you?

MS: Yes that's fine.

Spring Awakening prod team to write Audition feedback for next week.

We wish Spring Awakening good luck in their show.

O.A.P and Me:

PR: (**Definitely not in a sarcastic tone**) Audition feedback.

AR: It's happening.

AW: Also pitch feedback.

AR: At this stage someone needs to get the pitch feedback. We probably will ditch rehearsals on Friday because no one is here.

CT: Cast clothing is on its way but there was a small problem which meant it got delayed.

The ticket link will be up soon when I remember how to do it. I'm basically having the best life.

OAP and Me prod team to write Audition feedback soon.

We hope Wessex Clothing get their act together and cast clothing comes out soon.

Songs for a New Boom:

OJ: Gem is a working woman so liaising around auditions is difficult.

AR: Can a TTB prod team member come to committee?

OJ: I should be able to relay anything to them.

AR: That's fine as long as they can send you stuff to say too.

KH: Are auditions separate?

OJ: Probably separate because its logistically impossible.

EF: When are you doing auditions? Bare in mind that there is the clashy boiii of 24.

OJ: Ideally before June.

EF: That's a whole month.

OJ: We'll try and do it before exams. Callbacks might be together.

EF: Ideally you can do callbacks on the same day then you can fight for each cast member. Make it a fundraising event with a live stream fight to the death.

OJ to liaise between TTB and committee.

Edinburgh auditions to be set soon.

Treasurer:

MS: Brace yourself everyone for the treasurer update. Before the handover, John paid

the phat SUSU money and that's all we know. I've emailed SUSU to get a breakdown. The £1380 invoice for Edinburgh has been paid. £144 invoice for

Cabaret has been paid. I'm trying to get £1006.28 from outstanding Members and not going to lie gang, its poor. I am trying to get £174.77 from one Individual.

AR: Maybe see if we can get figures down by half.

MS: I'm also working to close ISBY and ST.

MS will try to get outstanding payments from members down significantly by next week.

(A JOTFORM WAS DISCUSSED)

Jotform led to the decision that show deposits will be used to cover the loss of ISBY

Social Secretaries:

BM: Do we have an update?

WF: We made the event.

BM: Second time lucky. We need to make an event for I Spy.

WF: We need to decide on the right day.

CT: If you're going to pick the matinee then you need to be quick because it's the fastest seller.

PR: Because that's the only one that all the Spring Awakening people can go to.

AR: You could do Friday for I Spy or the matinee?

BM: We're also planning the ball soon.

WF: Yes.

An event will be made to go and see 'I Spy'

Development Officers:

HM: We are ready for the workshop. We are yet to do handover and we are thinking about Cabaret. There is a workshop today.

AR: As a note for committee: it is compulsory to go to workshops and when you have them, try and wear your committee clothing as much as possible.

HM: Come to us with ideas for workshop.

OJ: We are going to book Cabaret with the Handover for the 5th June.

Handover for Development Officer will happen before next week.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: Everyone has committee positions on the Showstoppers website. I tried reorganising

it and it has gone mostly well and I'm not in third position now. I've deleted the bad profile of mine.

AR: Can we have a new little.....

CT: (**Interrupting**) Just about to get to it. Come on AR. With photos for the committee collage, can you source the photos yourself.

AW: We need to do the 'meet the committee' videos thing soon.

KH: I can get the SUSUTV cameras.

BM: You know the video when you go into lush... that's what the new committee videos should be like. (**Proceeds with a lush advert interpretation**). Can we do one like that?

CT: You can. OAP event will go up as soon as I have a ticket link.

AR: I have a question? Susie what's your real name?

SC: Its Susanne.

Committee photos to be sent to CT and put on the committee page of the website.

'Meet the Committee' videos to be filmed (with BM doing a lush advert adaptation).

CT will attempt to put up an OAP event with a ticket link.

AR will remember SC's full name.

Tours Officer:

Edinburgh

PR: We are finalising Edinburgh accommodation. That's.... Tours officers update. We have extra performance opportunities so I'll fill in the details for that.

EF: When is Edinburgh.

PR: 12th - 24th August.

KH: I've got something non-Edinburgh.

AR: Well let's just leave that for the moment. We need to talk about Edinburgh.

MS: I've paid for two instalments of the venue and when the third one comes in the from the budget that was pitched for venue hire, the budget will be full so I don't know what the Edinburgh teams' plan is in terms of budget at all really. Basically the venue is £500 more than the budget that they pitched because they didnt get the venue that they wanted. I don't know what is happening with previews. I mean, the Other Palace? Is that happening?

PR: I don't know.

OJ: It's about us getting in a room with our producer which is oddly very difficult but that will be a case of seeing what in the budget is flexible and finding ways to fill that.

AR: Because that's quite a big chunk of money lost.

PR: I know that the funding thing happened so what's happening with the van?

AR: I don't know.

MS: The van hire was in the budget already. It has already been thought about.

EF: Is there a fundraiser.

PR: I'm talking to the producer about it.

EF: Can we get a fundraising timeline?

PR: Yeah. When we've had a talk that'll be one of the things we'll do.

AR: Can you potentially have a meeting with everyone and MS by next week.

KH: Just thinking about NSSC, is TTO and LB ready yet?

PR: Not yet but I can get it sorted. The next one is the 24 hour show in the workshop next week.

KH: I can check on the SUSUTV editing.

PR: No its fine I can do it. I'll put an event up next week.

OJ: What's the TG NSSC's been doing?

PR: I don't know, that's down to the TG Tours Officer.

OJ: I haven't heard anything.

AR: It might be worth messaging as the money all goes to the same place.

PR: Yeah I will. I just assumed I wasn't hearing anything because I'm not a TG member.

AW: LOL.

PR: I'll message her and see.

OJ: I don't think there has been one yet.

PR: There probably should've been.

Meeting with Edinburgh prod teams and MS to be set up by next week

PR to set up an event for the next NSSC

PR to message TG Tours Officer with regards to TG NSSC

Other Tour Events

KH: I'm doing the uni research that was discussed with VHA in the AGM. I have a list of universities in a reasonable radius to work with. I have looked at the different venues and the cube is looking promising. I'll hopefully have a plan by next week with a light itinerary but might not have a budget yet.

AR: Would it be worth waiting until VHA sends that email because if it sounds good then we could potentially just go to Bristol.

KH: Yeah. Also, can you have the Nuffield talk with OJ and IT? Because VHA mentioned Nuffield City being an option.

EF: Which room is it? The studio or the main one? I work there so I know the spaces. The studio is upstairs and is smaller like a studio but isn't raised. The main one is the big one.

OJ: We can have our own discussion about the Nuffield but last year we brought it up about Nuffield City but the trouble of transporting people and props was too much.

EF: Bare in mind that if we had access to the Nuffield, we would have access to the lorry and van that does do trips from the campus to the city.

AR: For now it is better to keep Nuffield and this separate.

BM: I think I've bruised my head.

AR: We are in the process of chatting to OJ about all of this.

KH: I've made very tentative beginnings and by next week I should have more plans.

KH to wait for VHA's email and come up with a more detailed plan next week.

Welfare Officers:

EF: We had a handover.

OJ: That was thrilling. Next week you can expect to see a cheeky little committee clothing post.

AR: And show society merch?

EF: Yes. We'll probably do that separate from committee because it's a different order.

AW: When you do that you'll want to chat to SH as I was in charge of society clothing but SH kindly offered and supplied me with helpful templates.

CT: This should've gone in OAP but I forgot but it does relate. Wessex Clothing has given us a bit of credit because they've charged us for 15 items of clothing instead of 10. I've asked for a receipt but it's £69. They'll take the money out of the next clothing we buy with them.

(COMMITTEE PROCEEDS TO GIVE OJ A FINANCE LESSON)

*(*AW BURPS VERY LOUDLY*)*

EF: Rhys (from Wessex Clothing) should be on committee - we talk to him enough.

AR: We still have a lot of water bottles.

EF: Can I have one.

AW: Don't order any. Please. Whatever you do. I'll also give them to you because I have a big ol' cardboard box with them in.

EF: I'll look through the jotforms as well and check nothing has gone under the radar.

OJ and EF to sort out Committee Clothing and Society Merch and talk to SH.

CT to get a receipt from Wessex Clothing.

Original Writing Officer:

SC: I still need to have my handover with PA. I am going to talk to PW to look at how TG run their Original Writing. I will have a proposal on what I will be implementing into Showstoppers next week.

AR: Cool, that sounds great.

SC: If we do Summer Cabaret I'd like to get some bits of Original Writing into that to

raise the profile so I'll put a message on the Showstoppers page and I'll be chasing people up to see if I can get some people interested.

CT: Page or group?

AR: Oh yeah. A Note not @BM or @WF (**but definitely is**): When you go on facebook,

post on big page, use Showstoppers 2018-2019 group to invite.

KH: @CT (**Chloe is now scared**) are we going to get admin privileges?

PR: What's this?

AR: You don't need it for the page.

CT: I'll add IBP, HM, WF, BM. AR you're already on there.

AR: Can you add AW too because I might need him to add things.

SC to have handover with PA and a meeting with PW this week.

SC to come to committee next week with an Original Writing plan.

CT to add people to the Showstoppers admin who need to be.

AOB:

CT: I've got a funny one to start with. One of the cabaret videos, Suddenly Seymour has been taken down for copyright reasons. PR and IBP's singing has been taken down because copyright against Latin music. We can still make money off it if I make a claim.

WF: It was our main source of income.

AR: That's sad. We can't do anything about that.

AR: We need to vote on a Tech Liaison and Facilities Officer.

AW: (**Explains what a facilities officer does**) VHA was our facilities officer last year.

KH: I have:

- Experience of owning a drum kit
- Been an AMD
- Have a keyboard in my room already so I can keep musical instruments
- Also, even if I don't have the big room I can still store it

(KH IS ELECTED AS NEW FACILITIES OFFICER)

AW: (**Explains what a tech liaison does**) Please run otherwise I have to do it.

CT: I am:

- Already a member of Stagesoc and Showstoppers
- On the committee of both societies
- Know lots of people from both societies

(CT IS ELECTED AS NEW TECH LIAISON)

Unfortunately there is no fun AOB because John is no longer a member of the committee

A JOTFORM WAS DISCUSSED

The 24 Hour Show Pitches have been changed as a result

MS: How severe are we going to be with auditions because its close and so are exams.

AR: 24 auditions need to be next week. In terms of Edinburgh auditions I think it's reasonable to say they need to be done before exams.

CT: We need discuss megapitches at some point.

AW: We need to talk about the Nuffield talk before that

EF: Is that after exams?

AW: It's usually at the end of June and at the end of exams.

AR: Last year they were the first weekend of the exams at around 25th-26th May. We can put that date in as a preliminary date but obviously it depends on the Nuffield talk. Keep your eyes out for them.

Nuffield talks will be arranged in order for the committee to start Megapitches.