

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]

NON-COMMITTEE:

James Hurford [JH]

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Victoria Howard-Andrews [VHA]
Ben McQuigg [BMQ]
Jamie Milburn [JM]
Gem Tunley [GT]
John Wilders [JW]
Nick Ong [NO]
Bella Norris [BN]
Emily Bradshaw [EB]

Minutes in a Minute

Trail to Oregon:
Victoria to send off
Go FundMe merch
Legally Blonde:
The budget is closed!
It Shoulda Been You:
The budget is closed!
Sweeney Todd:
The budget is closed!
Spring Awakening:
Ollie to look for remaining Spring libs
O.A.P and Me:
Antigone to chase OAP cast clothing
Antigone to do audition feedback
Songs for a New World/Tick, Tick, Boom!!:
Auditions being organised
Treasurer:
Maciek to find £2000 lost at the last
Edinburgh
Social Secretaries:
Beth and Will to sort out Leavers meal
sign-up sheet
Development Officers:
Hannah and Imy to chase Cabaret
sign-ups
Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe to start to make Committee
headshots and video
Tours Officer (Edinburgh):
Patrick to look into accommodation
Patrick to do another NSSC
Tours Officer (Other Tours):
Kit to wait for a response for his event
Welfare Officers:
Ollie to sort out society feedback
Original Writing Officer:
Susie to post a plan for Original Writing
within the next year
AOB:
Megapitch times decided
Read AOB for responses to Jotforms



Society Update:

AW: Quiet everyone, your President is talking.

AR: I was just going to say that the situation is that my voice hurts and I have a recital tomorrow.

OJ: My voice hurts too!

AR: Hi-five! I don't have the agenda up at the moment even so give me a second. Hello non-comm, we have a singular non-comm. Congratulations!

Trail to Oregon:

IBP: Please get off the agenda.

AW: VHA said she's going to come into committee to talk to us about GoFundMe and she

said that at that point we might be able to take it off the agenda which is very exciting.

AR: She told me at the end of last week that she's getting on it.

PR: Can I have some fizzy laces?

VHA to come in to committee and discuss GoFundMe merch.

Legally Blonde:

IBP: Get off the agenda.

MS: Do you want me to update in Legally Blonde or wait until my Treasurer update?

AR: If it will take it off the agenda then tell us now.

MS: Well the budget was already closed but it's re-closed.

AR: Excellent.

PR: Can I take it off then?

MS: Yeah. Get rid of it.

IT'S TAKEN OFF THE AGENDA. BYE, BYE LEGALLY BLONDE!!!

It Shoulda Been You:

IBP: It shoulda been closed.

MS: Get that sh*t off the agenda.

AR: Is it closed?

MS: It's closed.

IT'S TAKEN OFF THE AGENDA. BYE BYE IT SHOULD BEEN YOU!!!

Sweeney Todd:

KH: Get that sh*t off the agenda?

MS: No, not quite yet? Hang on... (does some Treasury things) yeah, get that sh*t off the agenda! That's done.

AR: That's done as well?

PR: IS THAT OFF AS WELL!

AW: I'm loving this MS!

IBP: The purge.

OJ: Wow gang, next meeting is going to be about 10 minutes long.

AR: Next week we're going to have nothing to talk about.

IBP: This is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

IT'S TAKEN OFF THE AGENDA. BYE BYE SWEENEY TODD!!!

Spring Awakening:

MS: I mean I did shift that too but it's not done.

OJ: I sent off some scripts and BMQ sent off some band parts if that's worth mentioning.

AR: It definitely is. Well done.

OJ: Thank you.

AR: Did you get all the scripts back?

OJ: I got 18/20.

AR: Not bad.

OJ: Which is not bad!

AR: Do you know whose you haven't got.

OJ: Not yet but I'm working it out.

AR: Good, that sounds great. Basically if you see anyone with a Spring Awakening script, tell OJ.

IBP: Sh*t on them!

BM: I'll keep my eyes peeled.

OJ to become Inspector Morse in 'The Case of the Missing SA Scripts'.

O.A.P and Me:

PR: It's done.

KH: Let it die.

PR and OJ: Like my Brenda! (*SPOILER*)

AR: We got some cracking reviews. And we have no rights or scripts to send back.

OJ: We had some cracking reviews, thanks @people in the room.

IBP: I wasn't biased! I said some mean things too. I said nice things mostly.

KH: Out of curiosity, are we going to include the OAP music in the sheet music store or not.

OJ: I fully back that. Imagine in 10 years time people will be performing OAP songs in cabaret.

AR: But people won't know it so they won't choose it for their auditions. I think it's up to JM.

AW: Yeah, ask JM.

AR: I'm going to say a resounding no.

OJ: Guys let's stop talking! The President has come down resoundingly.

IBP: She's your President not your mother.

AR: We're waiting for cast clothing.

[AR to chase the OAP cast clothing.](#)

Songs for a New Boom:

OJ: As of an hour ago GT has arrived in the country.

AW: And you've not had auditions yet.

OJ: I know, I know it's ridiculous. They will be planned soon now that GT's back and when she has her work rota. We can work around that.

AR: Will they be next week?

OJ: Yes. I mean it depends on GT's work rota.

AR: But it will always depend on GT's work rota so can it definitely be next week?

OJ: Yeah. They will happen most likely next week.

CT: Libs have arrived.

OJ: Do Tick, Tick... Boom! have their libs? I just don't know.

CT: I think so.

AR: Do you have planned rehearsal dates yet?

OJ: No.

AR: Maybe do that soon so you can put it on the audition form.

OJ: T'will. When you do your auditions, when you fill in the form and when you see the event there will be dates of previews, auditions etc. so that everyone is informed.

[OJ and prod teams to sort out auditions for Edinburgh.](#)

Treasurer:

MS: Right, we (MS and JW) had a meeting on Sunday and basically the deadlines went in so I could do lots of work. I asked him to explain why he paid producers specific things and then we deconstructed the entire budgets of It Shoulda Been You, Sweeney Todd and Spring Awakening. I plugged everything into the ol' budgets

and we also figured out that the Sweeney Todd payments had not been paid for.

OJ: Oh.

AR: Well I assume we have now.

MS: Spoilers!

AR: Well you've closed the budget so you must've done it.

OJ: Guys, MS is just trying to set up a dramatic narrative.

MS: So what's happened is that PR had done the tickets...

PR: I sent off the ticket sales to MTI but for some reason it had my details all over it.

MS: I chased it up to MTI and they said they sent it off in April and they sent the invoice over to me and it had PR's Glen Eyre address on. So obviously it got lost on the way.

OJ: That's my drink.

MS: That's my PC.

AW: And that's my leg.

AR: Please minute that.

MS: Glen Eyre fucked it.

PR: How did they have my email when I didn't fill in the form.

AR: Rule number one of this story is get a full producer or director to fill out the ticket rights form.

PR: But I didn't fill in the rights form because I wasn't a producer then.

MS: It's not the right form, it comes from the ticket sales declaration.

PR: Ooooh.

MS: Also they took £75 off us because one came back with a torn off cover and two never came back.

AR: We need to find out who that was.

IBP: I never received one. I mean I was only there for a couple of weeks but...

HM: Bet it was AW!

AW: Oh f*ck it is me! Yeah that was me, I will pay for that. Sorry. How much is that?

MS: £25.

AW: That might be a while but I'll pay you when I have the money.

MS: So we need to find out where the final lost Sweeney script was.

AR: I thought it was a given but if you direct a show in the future, write the number on the script and then write down which number everyone has. Not @Ollie but a little bit @Ollie.

OJ: No gang! When you tell people to rub out everything, they rub out their numbers too.

IBP: That's because they're morons.

MS: I get information from NO about all the facebook advertising this year which weren't

in the budget at all, they've been done. It Shoulda been you and Sweeney are basically closed. Who remembers the £1100 from SUSU?

PR: I remember it!

MS: They actually sent the breakdown for that now.

PR: What about that extra bit that SUSU thinks we haven't paid for?

MS: That was Cabaret, that's sorted. Socials, we've paid for 30 tickets. £900 for 30 tickets and we're subsidising £5 per ticket so people are paying £25. All but one person have had their Sweeney Todd deposit paid back now. If you paid for one, it should be back. I'm about to pay OJ for the clothing stuff.

PR: Marie (OJ) has a question.

OJ: I want £2000 MS. The £2000 that got stuck in an account from Edinburgh.

MS: That's a fair point. I went to the workshop... ya know... the one where you pretend you're punching each other?

OJ: Stage Combat.

MS: I had an informal chat there and we will sort that out. Also, the Treasurer's award for

getting people to go to OAP goes to JM. Shock horror that he found people to go to his own show.

MS to continue to close the budget for shows.

MS to find the £2000 from Edinburgh lost in an account somewhere.

Social Secretaries:

WF: It's us, Christ! Leavers meal is fully booked the awards are going on until the 30th so if you haven't, vote.

KH: With the awards form, I just wanted to query one of the awards for Spring Awakening

producers, is Gerson not an AP? Because he was not on the list.

CT: He was a costume supervisor.

WF: I took most of my information off the website. (**Shade thrown at CT**)

CT: You know what, I was told to change it.

OJ: This is probably a misunderstanding but on the website, he was changed from an assistant producer to a costume supervisor, because that's what he was, but costume supervisors in the future should still be considered under the producing bracket. He's fully part of the producing team but just not a producer or assistant producer.

AR: Just as a question, because of this does BN count as a director in Spring Awakening because she was the dramaturge?

OJ: No.

PR: She didn't even want to be on the programme.

OJ: I don't want to say that as a hard and fast rule but last year with American Idiot, EB didn't want to be considered for that and this year BN didn't.

WF: It was an odd one because there were a lot of strange titles.

BM: Yeah leavers ball we've got a lot sorted.

WF: I think it's safe to say we've set the date of the Olympics as the 6th June.

IBP: I'm here!!

BM: That's all that matters.

AR: Is it going to be in the afternoon?

WF: I think it'll be in the afternoon so people with exams can come afterwards.

CT: Can we play rounders?

WF: Rounders is very much on the list.

IBP: I am so in favour of rounders.

WF: The event is going to go up very soon.

KH: When will tickets for leavers meal be up?

BM: When we've sorted food out.

WF: Yes that's one thing that's been annoying. We are working as quickly as we can to get that sorted out. The menu will go in with the form thing and then we'll get the table seatings sorted.

AR: You can just add table seatings onto the booking form to save time.

WF: Yeah.

MS: And then at the end of the booking form, you can do a tick box saying I consent to being publicly beaten if I haven't paid for the leavers meal.

PR: That's not where I thought that conversation was going.

IBP: Please can we have an event for big Hobbit. It would be great to have more PA support.

BM: Is there an event already that I can have a look at.

IBP: I will send it your way.

WF: What are the times?

IBP: It starts at 13:00 and ends at 19:00. The event isn't that accurate though.

CT: The Tony's are on the 10th if you want to do a social to watch that?

OJ: I back that!

AR: I back that too! The Chamberlain common room was a great place to go to watch things. We saw the Brits there last year.

PR: WF, KH, HM and I can all access the common room there.

AR: If anyone has any other social ideas, talk to WF and BM.

SC: Can you try and do a FolkSoc event please?

[BM and WF to send out leavers meal sign up sheet.](#)

[BM and WF to make events for Comedy, FolkSoc and Olympics.](#)

Development Officers:

OJ: I need a wee. I hope I'm back by my update.

HM: We have a lot of stuff. So basically, cabaret's up and we have 14 responses currently.

IBP: Have we!

AR: Send it again.

HM: I've made a list of people I'll have to eventually chase but can't be asked to message

them until the 1st June.

IBP: We will have an event going up before the weekend for the workshop on the workshop number.

HM: Were we meant to have a workshop yesterday?

IBP: Oh sh*t we were! It's in our calendar but it's fine. Next week, we are currently asking someone to help run the workshop number which we think will be You can't stop the beat from Hairspray.

HM: Which you all have to turn up to.

IBP: The workshop bin is looking pretty hefty, not gonna lie.

AR: Love it.

IBP: People are calling for a producers 101 workshop which I love. So if anyone's been a producer in the past and is surprisingly good at it, then please contact us. All in all, we have lots happening, we have a calendar, we've got a google drive and it's all going well.

WF: Has someone suggested an improv workshop again because that would be good.

IBP: Yes that's on there along with NO's suggestion of a chinese accents workshop.

HM and IBP stick to their calendar on workshops.

HM to chase people up on Cabaret stuff.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: I've still not got headshots from people.

IBP: Just name and shame people.

PR: Yeah.

MS: Do it now.

CT: I'm just waiting for NO to upload them to the drive.

AR: That's fine. Just use the ones that's everyones website pictures when you type their names in.

CT: That will be done... sounds like I was about to do the Lord's Prayer.... when I've finished exams because I don't like the graphic on the website at the moment. Next week I'm going to add two emails to the jotforms.

IBP: Ours was taken down. Either that or I've just not been doing it right.

CT: When did that happen.

IBP: They had loads of jotforms for ISBY and then the jotforms ceased.

CT: So that's 3 accounts that need to be added. Sit tight, jotforms will be sorted. When are people free to do the committee videos? When do people leave for summer? I have the committee camera now and it can record quite well. It will be quite short in pairings. If you go home early, can you arrange to do the video before you go. I've added 24 to the website.

AR: I feel like you should wait until the last week of exams.

CT to start making the committee graphic and committee videos after exams.

Tours Officer:

Edinburgh

PR: A house is happening. Basically I'm going to do another NSSC during exams so people don't stress. It will be Trail to Oregon. That's all I've got.

IBP: When is that happening?

PR: Probably at the weekend of some week.

KH: I think Legally's ready too. Did BMQ say Legally's ready?

PR: It's fine. I've got everything sorted. It's all under control.

PR to look into Edinburgh accommodation.

PR to do another NSSC.

Other Tour Events

KH: I sent an email off to Bristol to the President saying that we were interested and so it's off now and I guess we'll wait until they've had a committee of their own. Heard nothing back from SUSU about prices in case this doesn't happen.

IBP: It's beaucoup de money. Can confirm.

KH to wait for Bristol to contact him.

Welfare Officers:

IBP: How's your welfare?

OJ: Well.... Fair.

PR: Brilliant. That's done.

AR: Do you have an update?

OJ: I do have an update! Emailing Rhys was a massive task but they've sent an invoice and MS has it. We will now owe £15.

IBP: £15!!

OJ: I know right! Last year it was £10+VAT and this year it's £12.50+VAT!

IBP Why?

OJ: F*cking brexit!

IBP: We got a really nice polos with nice embroideries and ting in PhilSoc for £12 each.

OJ: I don't know what to tell you.

AR: Everyone pay £15 into the Showstoppers account.

IBP: That is the tits. Saggy ones.

OJ: MS can you pay that whole 'ting' very soon and then they'll make them. Rhys says it'll take 10 days.

PR: Multiply by 6 and that's the actual amount of time it takes.

OJ: Hopefully they'll be here by cabaret but I honestly can't make you any promises.

WF: It's in Rhys' hands.

AW: Society feedback. When did we do that?

OJ: I'll have a look at the form and see when it was last year. It does feel like it is coming up.

AR: I think we should wait until the 24 finishes because people might have feedback after the 24.

OJ: I agree.

OJ to sort out society feedback.

Original Writing Officer:

SC: I've had exams this week so I didn't upload my plans to facebook.

OJ: Oh yeah! I forgot that was a thing.

SC: I apologise now but once my brain-deadness has gone I will upload it which will probably be tomorrow afternoon. I have started harassing people about performing their original writing at Cabaret.

IBP: She's reading my original writing so she's doing a cracking job at reading. Two eyes, straight on the paper.

AR: IBP's written something which is also exciting.

CT: SC spoke to me about setting up a facebook group for people who want to originally write.

SC: Is that fine?

CT: Yeah. Just wanted to let the committee know. Also who in committee should have access to it? SC obviously.

PR: The Secretary... (Jokes)

OJ: I personally think both development officers should be in there. Because all original writing will probably be workshopped by development.

CT: Cool. So SC, IBP and HM.

KH: Dare we put Welfare Officers in as well?

PR: What for?

CT: I don't see the point.

IBP: Unless there were welfare dilemmas? Also CT, this is really petty but the twitter page is still christmas themed.

CT: Oh. NO what the f*ck?

IBP: I told NO about it 3 times but there's only so many times you can ask.

SC to put up plan for Original Writing in the next year.

BM LEAVES

AOB:

CT: We were working something out about megapitches. There is a chance that depending on when in the day they are happening that there may not be quorum in committee for the freshers pitch because there are 5 of us on the prod team and people may be missing. Just thought I'd mention it.

IBP: What does quorum mean?

PR: We don't have a majority.

AR: We have to have quorum to listen to a pitch. So if two people are missing we won't

have quorum. So who is missing?

SC: I'm technically at a FolkSoc gig from 14:45-15:45 on that day.

AW: We'll probably be starting at 12:00.

IBP: It can be a brunchy thing!

OJ: We can definitely do freshers first.

AW: I have an exam that ends at 11:30 so we could start at 12:00 if that works for everyone else. We usually take an hour for each show in every pitch slot so if we were to get multiple freshers pitches that might not work.

SC: I can always talk to someone and say I can't make the gig.

AR: Who's in the freshers pitch?

IBP: I should be.

AR: Then we should have quorum.

AW: If we do have freshers first then we'll have quorum.

OJ: Nothing else will damage our committee numbers.

KH: Out of curiosity if there was a situation due to numbers which meant we couldn't have quorum, what would happen?

PR: We have an EGM.

AR: Pitches at 12:00 on the 7th June. We'll put up an event!

AW: May A.O.B was checking everyone was okay with that time.

AW to make an event for Megapitches.

A Jotform was discussed: Committee reminds the society that if they wish to go to any rehearsal or tech run for a show that they aren't part of, please message the prod team beforehand so they can inform the cast as it is at their discretion to whether or not it is a closed rehearsal.

AR: I'm just going to come clean and admit that no one mentioned OAP audition feedback. Honestly it's now exams.

PR: The show's done!

AR: I've done half of mine and I will message JM and see where he's up to.

OJ: Get it done by Edinburgh auditions and I'll get Edinburgh auditions sorted.

AW: I don't trust either of you to get it done in time.

MS: I will stop treasuring and putting up with all this sh*t.

WF: We will stop all socials.

IBP: No workshops.

KH: F*ck Edinburgh next year!

PR: No minutes.

AW: By megapitches is it fair to say we will have both Edinburgh auditions and OAP audition feedback?

OJ: You should do.

A Jotform was discussed: A document is to be made outlining how a production team should conduct themselves throughout the rehearsal process including that casting should be fair which will be signed by every production team member when producing a

show. In addition to this, producers are reminded that they are to remain a neutral party that must be present at casting, acting as a moderator in the discussion.