

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF]
Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

Victoria Howard-Andrews [VHA]

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

John Wilders [JW]
Georgia Harper [GH]
Abbie Roach [ARO]
Andy Banks [AB]
Joe Barr [JB]
Phoebe Armstrong [PA]
Ben McQuigg [BMQ]
James Fairley [JF]

Minutes in a Minute

Trail to Oregon:
Victoria to locate missing
Go FundMe donors
Spring Awakening:
Ollie to look for remaining Spring libs
O.A.P and Me:
Antigone to do audition feedback
Antigone to chase show feedback
Songs for a New World/Tick, Tick, Boom!!:
Auditions being held
Ollie to talk to Ben about Other Palace
Treasurer:
Maciek to find £2000 lost at the last
Edinburgh
Social Secretaries:
Beth and Will to close Leavers meal
sign-up sheet
Development Officers:
Hannah and Imy to chase Cabaret
sign-ups
Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe to start to bunfight promo
Chloe to put new constitution on website
Tours Officer (Edinburgh):
Patrick to look into accommodation
Patrick to track down assassins money
Tours Officer (Other Tours):
Kit to put plan of his ideas to committee
Welfare Officers:
Ollie to sort out society feedback
Original Writing Officer:
Everyone in committee to read Susie's
Original Writing plan
AOB:
Please see actions taken on jotforms
below



Society Update:

No Society Updates

Trail to Oregon:

VHA: We have two problems. First of all, I have got access to the GoFundMe and the posters and programmes and I think the T-Shirts are in the house. I think JW has them. I went on the website and actually digested what people have bought, we need a lot more prizes. We need someone to get a mini wagon but there's also a behind the scenes video, signed T-Shirt, programme and poster which we've got and a thank you note.

AR: Sorry, you've got the behind the scenes video?

VHA: No.

OJ: It's the vlogs that GH's been making. They just need to be compiled into one big video.

VHA: Right. I don't have any signed T-Shirts but I don't actually think people give that much of a sh*t about having a T-Shirt signed. Then we have the thank you notes and a couple of people need the thank you videos as well. Second part, and the only person I've been able to speak to about this is ARO and she said the only people involved are my relatives so just send them a programme in the post and it'll be fine. Apparently people upload their address but thanks to the GDPR... is that the privacy thing? All I have are the names of strangers, some of which I know that I can ask for their address and some who are anonymous. So, I was just going to post on the Trail to Oregon cast and crew page and say can anyone lay claim to these humans. If they don't lay claim to people within the next week and provide me with an address to send it to, I cannot send it. If people are happy for me to not send it and for people to take it home with them over summer, we might try and explore that. It's just a case of trying to find out who are these people? I know people like AB and JB's address so that's fine but there's a bunch of people who I don't know who they are.

AR: How many people are we talking?

VHA: 5 people who I don't know who they are or can't get to them. If it's physical stuff that I'm meant to send, I can't do it after next week because I'm not here but if I can give people stuff to take home with them and links to the behind the scenes videos then that would be good. Again, with the thank you videos, it depends what prod teams say but it might have to be from you (OJ), PA and BMQ because we can't get the cast together unless something was pre-filmed but I don't think it was.

OJ: No but we can potentially get a group together even if we can't get JV.

CT: It's kind of a long shot but if you take the five that you don't know and see if they liked the showstoppers page and we can just message them as the page just saying

'Hey, you supported us in Edinburgh. We're sorting out rewards now, if you want your things can you send us your address'.

VHA: Can I send you the names because I don't have access to the page?

CT: Yeah.

KH: I don't know how GoFundMe works but is there a way of putting a post on the GoFundMe for Trail to Oregon because in theory that would go to the inbox of everyone who signed up for it.

AR: I don't know whether that's possible but it's a good idea.

VHA: I don't think I can do a post, all I can do is leave a comment on the page and that won't notify people.

AR: So in terms of stuff that's missing, do you need extra things like T-Shirts made and bought?

VHA: So I think we have enough T-Shirts because we had a phat bag of T-Shirts in our hall which I assume are still in our house.

AR: What about the other stuff?

OJ: GH has all the footage for the videos and a link can just be yeeted out. I think GH's aunt is the only one who donated enough to warrant a mini wagon and she said that she is fine without one... being wagonless.

AR: So everything else is covered?

VHA: Yeah. It's just the thank you vid and the thank you note.

AR: Are you happy to continue to organise the video and the note or would you want us to do that.

VHA: Well I don't know yet.

AR: Yeah. I suppose it depends on whether people get back to you.

VHA: I'll message the Trail to Oregon page but can you arrange the making of this thank

you video and the signing of this thank you note so that I can send that out. I need people to be quick because I only have 12 days left.

CT: Can you send me a list of people that have claimed their gifts so I know?

VHA: Yes.

CT: I'll wait a couple of days for you to message people.

VHA: If people are happy with that action plan, that's a cracking idea. Let's see if we can get it solved in the next 12-14 days.

AR: That sounds wonderful. Thank you VHA.

VHA: That's alright.

IBP: Then it can get off the agenda!

AR: Does anyone have any other comments, queries or questions about that situation?

KH: For the behind the scenes videos, is it just going to be a playlist or are you going to edit it?

VHA: Probably just a playlist unless you would like to blend something together?

KH: That's kind of what I was wondering because I've not got much to do this summer.

VHA: I mean it needs to be done this week.

KH: Probably not then.

VHA: I also looked at postage to send each thing if someone's got a t-shirt, poster and

programme and it looks like £2.00 for the envelope and £2.00 for postage. It's going to be max £4 per postage so overall it's not going to be above £20.

AR: Brilliant. When it's all sent just send a receipt to MS and he can reimburse you.

MS: I have also.... (**PR spills a load of Maoam pinballs all of the table**) I'm in contact with one of the producers of Trail to Oregon so we have the budget so we can have it back on our records.

AR: That would be great. Cool. Love that.

VHA to send a message to the TTO facebook group to locate missing GoFundMe donors.

VHA to get TTO rewards posted.

Spring Awakening:

AW: Just feedback. I know it's in the middle of exams but could you just prod people.

OJ: I have prodded people but honestly, I think you're getting as much feedback from the prod team as you're going to get.

AW: Ok. That's a bit disappointing but sure. Okay.

OJ: At the end of the day, all I can do is prod people.

AW: Yeah I'm not annoyed at you.

MS: I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

AR: How many have you had?

AW: I've had one prod team but twelve overall so it's not the end of the world but I just wanted a bit more balance. That's chill. I'll wait a couple of days and then I'll probably start compiling that by next week.

AR: Everyone fill out feedback! Script returns? I can't remember which show was the problem.

MS: I figured it out. So, Sweeney had three. Two we have back but one was JF's and committee decided to absorb that. Spring we have two.

OJ: We have two missing one of them I know about but the other one I don't know about. I'll keep tracking down. You'll have a name.

AR: What else do you need budget wise for Spring Awakening?

MS: Good question.

AR: Basically what do you need from us now to close the budget?

MS: We need to receive the invoice from MTI and Stagesoc has invoiced us which I have paid.

AR: So we're just waiting on the people.

OJ to continue as Inspector Morse in 'The Case of the Missing SA Scripts'.

O.A.P and Me:

IBP: What a show.

AR: I just messaged our show liaison to start the show feedback. Audition feedback is done but I haven't compiled that into emails so I'll do that this evening and then it'll be done! I apologise profusely that that has taken so long. It's being done now as God is in heaven, thy will be done. (*Erm?*)

VHA: As Brenda is in heaven.

EF: Too soon.

AW: Nah. Brenda's in hell, let's be real.

AR: I dunno. There's no MTI stuff for there to sort.

KH: About adding music to the sheet music collection, I've been given approval.

AR: I mean if you want to go and find it and print it off and add it to the sheet music, do it. You do you.

OJ: I want to do 'Queen of the Kitchen Space' at my next audition!

IBP: Can I raise a little issue with that. That's an excessive amount of paper and we live on a dying planet son.

MS: What was the question?

KH: If it's already been printed...

IBP: It's just a waste of paper because people won't use it.

CT: Apparently the cast album is going to be out soon so that'll be put on the page. It's possible it might be going on spotify.

KH: It's just because...

AR: KH, I don't care just do whatever you want to do. If you want to then you can but remember the planet. To be fair, it would be a lit idea if all the music was compiled into one big google drive over the summer.

KH: On my to do list is to organise all the music and order it because it's never in a good state. I can also make sure the website is up-to-date with the songs that we do and don't have.

VHA: Do you need to print it out? Or can you just have the pdf and send it to whoever needs it?

KH: Well that's what I was saying. Or, if they have a printed copy of the music that they don't need or want anymore they can hand it over.

CT: (*CT admits she wasn't listening*) Coming off that, slightly rogue one but could we just digitise all of it.

AR: That's what I said.

IBP: Save the planet!

AR to do audition feedback and message about show feedback.

KH to order and possibly digitalise the whole showstoppers music collection.

MS to close the budget.

Songs for a New Boom:

OJ: Hello.

AR: Hello.

OJ: Hello.

AR: Sorry I got distracted because EF looked like it was her go and it just isn't.

EF: It's not me.

OJ: So we held some auditions on Monday and Tuesday and we've got more auditions tomorrow. It's all going fine. If you know any women, get them to come down and audition.

IBP: I've never heard of those.

CT: Nope. I know none.

AR: Any updates on the Other Palace previews? We were applying about two weeks ago.

OJ: So BMQ sent off our application and they'll go through a process and I don't know anything else.

MS: Question. Do you know what was on the application i.e. the date of it and how many performances.

OJ: There is that information. The dates.... Let's see if I can find the dates. (**OJ attempting to build dramatic tension whilst committee discuss Quorn and the town of Eastleigh**) So there's one application per show which is a performance per show if both the shows get the performance, we'll have to see how that goes. Last year we got an extra one because we sold out the one we already had. I'm not anticipating that happening again but if it did that'd be great. And the dates are..... (**Drum roll by committee as OJ makes dramatic music vocally that somehow turns into the countdown theme tune**) 8th-13th July.

AR: 8th-13th July. Are you not starting your rehearsals on the 1st July?

OJ: Perhaps it is August.

AW: Show in a week?

PR: I sure hope it's not August because we're meant to be performing it in Edinburgh then.

CT: So we can't be doing previewing then.

AR: August or July? July or August? Or just shoot BMQ a message and just say none are viable options.

OJ: I'll shoot him a message.

PR: It's actually previewing right now!

AW: Just surfing back round to auditions, is there a contingency plan in place for what happens if you don't get anymore female auditions?

OJ: There are ideas. I'd rather not talk about them until we have to cross that hurdle.

AR: Discussions are being had.

AW: Yeah. As long as there are ideas.

OJ: Absolutely.

AW: That's good to know.

IBP: AW in the legally wig?

SFNW and TTB prod team to hold auditions.
OJ to message BMQ about The Other Palace previews.

Treasurer:

MS: Right, it's not a very big update but it's a semi.

PR: And the update! (*MS winks at AR*)

AR: I'm blocking that out. Update us MS!

MS: Your treasurer has paid for committee clothing but the committee has not paid for committee clothing.

BM: I can't actually do it because my bank.

CT: Yeah my bank doesn't let me spend money.

BM: I need a calculator.... Wait not a calculator.... that thing.

MS: Or just give me £15 in cash.

BM: (*Utterly disgusted*) Do you think I carry that sort of cash around with me?!?

MS: Next point, IBP can you bring the folder for me please.

IBP: Ah tits! You'll have it by the end of the year.

MS: And I'll let the next treasurer deal with the filing. Stagesoc has invoiced us for all of the shows we've done since American Idiot. I will pay that. That's about £700/£800. Basically on Wednesday, I met up with the TG treasurer and we've made some good old progress. The situation, for those who don't know, is TG had gotten the money from Edinburgh last year and tried to transfer it to us but ended up transferring it to an old showstoppers account which also incidentally had an extra £600 in it so it now has about £3000 sitting in it.

IBP: Ooh.

MS: Except we can't access that sh*t because we found a treasurer from 2008.

IBP: he must be married with kids by now!

MS: Yeah, it's just not working out right now lads.

AR: Have you spoken to them?

MS: Apparently we need to go further back than that. Basically we don't have the records so the two of us went to activities who are really nice and they said that they've dealt with this before so they gave us a phat letter of authorisation that we took to Natwest and then had to mail it to Birmingham.

PR: From Mathew Shasa.

MS: That will hopefully give us the authority via SUSU to close that account and transfer that money to us.

AR: That'd be great.

MS: Hopefully we'll be getting £3000 in the account.

EF: Drinks on Shasa!!!

MS: I've also had meetings with the potential freshers and spring prod teams about their budgets. Please can society people pay for leavers meal.

MS going through pitched show budgets.

MS to continue to retrieve the £2000 from Edinburgh lost in an account somewhere.

Social Secretaries:

BM: So we have the ball next week.

AR: When do they need you to send off food stuff by?

BM: Tomorrow so can you fill in the form please.

WF: Yeah so the sign up form went up a couple of days ago and it's closing at midnight tonight. If there's anyone who you know wants to go and hasn't signed up then get them to soon.

AR: I think you've got everyone unless there's someone blaringly obvious that's not on the list.

WF: I've had a look and I don't think there is. Also the awards form that's been up for a while is closing at midnight tonight and tomorrow we'll have the shortlist up for you to vote on.

BM: I've contacted photographers to see if we can get someone for about three hours to

take photos for us. Also they told us that they had speakers and that we can bring a laptop or something to play music off but it sounds like it's a bit sh*t.

AW: If it's the same venue as last year then we brought speakers but we figured it out that it worked but they were just a bit quiet.

AR: If you know someone with speakers, bring them or just bring a laptop.

WF: Also we have a Comedy go see event.

AR: Love it. Can we also have a LopSoc event too. Obviously you don't want to bombard people with events right now but...

KH: Is there going to be an event put up soon for the Olympics.

AR: Yes. They're doing it soon.

WF: Olympics has been really fun. As far as I'm aware, the tradition always was that it would occur before our leavers meal.

AR+PR: Yep.

WF: But it's not going to be. Based on people trying to sort out their schedules, it's going to be on the 11th June. It's not the date we were anticipating initially but the event will be up soon.

KH: I can't go now.

PR: loads of people can't go now.

MS: Jesus that's late.

IBP: Show in a week people might not be able to go now.

AR: It's late but it's the only date that works with everyone's schedules.

MS: I mean I'm not going to drive back on the 10th am I.

KH: I've got SUSUTV filming.

AR: That's fine. Who have you spoken about this to?

WF: TG, Comedy and Stagesoc.

AR: LopSoc?

WF: LopSoc haven't really been in the conversation much.

PR: Can we make a showstoppers olympics on the correct day?

MS: Basically when you hit midnight, can you send me the updated list. Thank you.

[BM and WF to close leavers meal sign up sheet.](#)

Development Officers:

IBP: Evening. We did a workshop yesterday and it slapped. We've got our workshop number. We're in a bit of a pickle. We've had over forty responses for cabaret which is lovely but some people have signed up for about five to nine songs which I hate to be a b*tch but is just excessive. When we've got everyone's posts, I'm going to do a post saying that we love everyone's enthusiasm but if you've signed up for more than three songs you need to pick what's going in the bin.

AR: Do you mean songs or solos?

IBP: Some are doing about 3 solos.

AR: Ok. Start with solos limiting everyone to one solo each.

OJ: It isn't unheard of to have fifty songs for the first cabaret.

IBP: Yeah but I'm also thinking about CT having to edit all the videos for the first time.

OJ: No, I just mean that even though you're getting forty responses now, that's not beyond the levels of unsuitability.

IBP: No but it is a lot.

AR: Also you want to make sure that there's diversity in it because you don't want one person to be going up.

KH: Just have a cheeky cull.

IBP: It is lovely that people want to do stuff but we don't want to have to draw the line and stop people from being able to perform because others are doing loads so we just want to balance it out a little bit.

CT: Also, I know it's different for leavers but for most of us we have plenty of cabarets left

to the songs we want to do.

HM and IBP stick to their calendar on workshops.

HM to chase people up on Cabaret stuff.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: As soon as my exams are done I'm going to do the graphic for the website so you've got until then to send me nice pictures otherwise it's just going to be whatever's on their already. If you know anyone on the website that doesn't have a headshot, can you just prod them to send me a picture and I'll add it on. If you guys are missing any credits then just let me know. I've also been adding reviews to shows. 24 has been added to the website, I'm just waiting on a band list. If people can let me know when they're free in their little subsections that would be cool. I know people will have the 6th free now.

IBP: What was on the 6th.

CT: It was going to be the Olympics so I can just meet up with people and do their videos

instead. I need to find out how to film cabaret, probably on someones phone, probably not my phone because the quality isn't good.

AR: Can we do a video with everyone after committee one day just as a meet and greet.

AW: Maybe we could do that today?

MS: Yeah (*Bants*)

AR: I know we're doing individual ones but maybe we should do a bish-bash-bosh quick one with us all in.

CT: If everyone's coming to cabaret then we can do it then?

AR: Yeah.

CT: I was going to work on a 'Welcome to the Society' video because I know we have an old one but it would be quite nice to have an updated one. I'll probably get some clips sent over and I have the OAP footage too. I can put the cabaret videos on there too and when we do a committee video we can also get a picture because we've not got a complete one yet. Basically this summer is going to be great for me because I'll be editing all day.

KH: I've already spoken to you about this for cabaret filming and that sort of thing but...

CT: I don't want to bother with SUSUTV sh*t and getting that involved because I know you're not going to edit it, that's my job and I don't want to have a ball ache with it if it's going to be 40 numbers. Basically, I've been told that it doesn't take much effort to edit it, but I have to render the videos which means that my laptop is unusable when it's rendering. That's my laptop out of action for quite a while and I can't be asked with syncing audio and video.

AR: I think people should be quite chill over summer. I know people are sometimes like 'Give me the cabaret videos!' but because it's summer it should be okay. Just ignore them.

CT: Yeah. I will!

BM: Will we have our committee tops by cabaret? I don't know who I'm asking.

OJ: That's a difficult question. Obviously in theory, yes.

AR: I might just call every morning because maybe they're ready and he just can't be bothered to call.

OJ: MS have you made the payment? Because the process starts once the payment is made.

PR: It'll probably be a week after the payment is made that the process starts.

OJ: In theory it takes 10 days from the point of payment.

MS: Give me approximately 27 seconds.

SC: 27, 26, 25....

PR: It's approximate, everyone shut up, thank you very much.

CT: Jotforms!

MS: F*ck! Update to about a minute.

CT: Basically our account on jotform is free which means we're not technically meant to have multiple recipients for the jotforms. Because AW has a new email and SC has got a new email we've hit the maximum number of people who can receive jotforms.

MS: Ideal!

AR: Hang on! Let the girl finish.

CT: When I manage to get into the raw code of it, I can see if I can manage to create a

new jotform but for now I will just forward them to SC, AW and KH.

KH: I'll delete them afterwards because obviously it'll be my personal email.

CT: Also, the bunfight promo... do people want me to do something? I'm happy to butt out....

AR: I don't know what we have left but I'm sure we had some pretty nice posters last year.

OJ: There's a board that lives in your (VHA) house.

VHA: Y'all can have that.

KH: Ooh another facility.

AR: Obviously flyers and stuff would be good.

CT: Yeah I have one from last year so I can see what they look like and base it off of that.

AR: We obviously need to wait until we have the welcome meeting date and everything and then we can put the shows on the back.

CT: I'll put the ideas up on the committee group and ask for your opinions. So if we can get the graphics sorted for everything that would be great.

AR: Yeah they need to be done during summer really.

MS: On the jotform situation, a simple work around would be just to create a new gmail just for jotform and put on an auto-forward back to every committee member.

IBP: That's a banging idea.

CT: That's an idea but I'd still have to go into the raw code to replace the jotform account. I can set that up if that's a preferable method?

AR: I think whatever is the easiest way for you that allows us all to see the jotforms from our email accounts.

AR: I'm happy with whatever you decide.

AW: As we may have a spring show before the summer, is that something you might want to include in promo for bunfight?

CT: Okay. I'm happy to do that. I'll take a bit of creative liberties with it. When it comes to pitches, whoever the producers are, I'll just ask them to sort out graphics soon. I also need the updated constitution to put up on the website.

VHA: Okay.

AW: I can forward it.

VHA: I shall send it to you right now.

IBP: Wow that was a meaty update.

[CT to start making the bunfight promo and put constitution on the website.](#)

Tours Officer:

Edinburgh

KH: Oooh Trisha?

PR: Hi. So, two things, I've sent an email to some lovely people with lovely accommodation so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. The second thing is MS can I have an updated list of who has paid for assassins?

MS: Okay sure.

PR: Anyone who hasn't paid for assassins, please do.

CT: I forgot something in my own update. The yearbook is a thing. Please can you fill in the form even if you aren't getting one. If you could put on any memories of the show it makes them more personable and cute and if you could vote in the jokey awards that'd be great too.

PR to look into Edinburgh accommodation.

PR to track down assassins money.

Other Tour Events

KH: I have an update for once. I got a response from Bristol. (**Email read stating that the touring event has been put on hold by Bristol but might be interested in a social at some point in time**) So that's kind of it. There's two different directions I could go off this now. The first route is waiting until I get a complete response from Bristol or I can look to go down the route of organising one for myself. I have a few unis up my sleeve and Bristol said they might be interested if we come back to them with something. Really, from this moment, it's up to you.

CT: Is there a third option where you can see if they can host it.

AR: Yeah that was going to be my suggestion.

KH: Yeah, I can happily do that.

AR: Maybe you can have some sort of a groupchat with the president or tours officers from other universities and you can organise something. There might be others that do it every year and we just don't know them.

KH: Yeah, if we want to get on with that then I can get on it.

AR: Yeah. This sounds very damming to us but we can all agree that we just don't have the space or facilities to host anything. The whole cube thing is uncharted territory and since we've never hosted anything before it seems like a stretch.

KH: Yeah, it was more of me spitballing because it's much better to throw ideas up in the air. I will get onto them.

AR: I can give you the Leeds and the Warwick president because we're all pals.

IBP: Oooohh.

KH: I have Warwick anyway because one of my friends is in MTW currently. If anyone else has any contacts, please send them to me. What I'll probably do it I'll get some more names of universities and I have a document which I'll flesh out a bit more then put onto the committee group so you can have a gander at it I would really appreciate it.

MS: Unrelated point.

AR: Good.

MS: I paid for committee clothing on the 23rd May.

AR: It is now the 30th. It's been 7 days.

KH to put a document onto the committee group with his tours plan.

KH to get in contact with other universities for a possible project.

Welfare Officers:

(*VHA leaves*)

OJ: Hopefully we'll have the committee clothing by cabaret. If you're happy to mention it tomorrow that'd be lit. I had a look back to when AW posted about society feedback last year and apparently it was on the 31st May which is exactly a year tomorrow which means we should get on that.

EF: Whack it out.

MS: And the form.

AR: Do you want to put it on the committee group first and then if people have any other questions you could add then you could add them?

OJ: Yeah sure. No that sounds like a great idea. I've not got anywhere with society clothing.

AR: How do people feel about that?

AW: I think originally we were going to do one at easter but then that's a really bad time because of handover and sh*t. I personally think that it's worth waiting until next year. If anyone desperately wants something then they can message you about it but..

EF: I feel like freshers is a good time to do it because freshers have no concept of money

and we can take all of it.

AR: Yeah they'll just spend.

EF: Exploit the youth.

AR: If anyone asks, that will be freshers next year.

EF: Also AW can I take the society water bottles off you.

OJ: We will get working on a plan for the welfare of freshers - get us on the map, how to reach us, promo, promo, welfare, welfare, welfare.

AW: I like how TG do their welfare wednesdays or something. Is that something we could introduce?

EF: I was actually going to bring that up in A.O.B.

OJ: EF is always in the bridge anyway. Almost any hour is a drop-in hour.

AR: It also might encourage fewer jotforms and move face-to-face conversations about issues.

EF: I feel like weekly is a bit too much but maybe monthly is better. As OJ said, we're in there a lot anyway so people can just come up to us and

OJ to sort out society feedback.

Original Writing Officer:

IBP: Your thing is great.

SC: Have you read it?

IBP: Yeah.

AW: I haven't read it yet.

SC: I have put my proposal up now so if everyone can read it and give me feedback on it that would be great. If not I will start carrying out my plan.

AR: I had some feedback but now I've forgotten it so I need to read it again.

CT: I have some feedback. I would say that I don't think mass emails are a good thing because nobody reads them. It's not because it's a showstoppers email, I get them from companies I love and just ignore them. I think it's better if we go with the facebook group and push that....

IBP: So if you made a group, which I think is an absolutely cracking idea, we do a thing in

my creative writing module where every week we get sent a prompt. People can choose whether to do it, someone might end up writing something good from it. It just has to be a word or a prompt and if someone writes something then they can send it to SC.

AR: My thought was that obviously you mentioned about TG's showcase but I feel like for us it might work better as some akin to cabaret. Obviously we have independent for when people write their own musical so it's hard for musical theatre writing to just write an in between thing that's a small sketch or a show. It can be something that is like 'come and sing an original song' or something.

SC: If I was to do a cabaret that's what I would be looking for.

AR: Love it.

CT: It's just reminded me that the group can be pinposted or in the description. I was updating the description the other day and I saw that there was a section for people interested in joining the band which hasn't been used in the last couple of years so I'm thinking I might revive that or just make a new one. If there are any other groups that you want me to make then just hit me up.

BM: I just have a quick query, I know someone who is interested in getting into the music side of Showstoppers and I just wanted to know how to do that?

AR: So next year, wait until we know who the prod teams are because then the band is be

made up by the MD so if they know friends then they know friends but if they message they can be considered for the band. That's the best way I think. Or if they come to bunfight, it can be advertised as a certain thing because people do come round and say they just like making costumes or playing in a band.

CT: Yeah ok. In bunfight I can bring up the interest in prod teams thing as well.

IBP: I remember talking to the old development officers and hearing that they didn't get as many sign ups at christmas cabaret so it would be nice to say that there is a slot to run original writing things so we can bulk it out.

MS: To bounce off CT, back with the people interested in the prod team roles it would be

good if there was a way of getting that information off people and distributing it within the society.

CT: I'll probably put up a form saying what's your name, email, what roles are you interested in etc just so we can have a database.

AW: Obviously the way we made sign ups last year was a mess and I don't know what platform we used to do it but google forms is the best one.

CT: I think there was an attempt to use jotform because there's a thing on the

webmasters account where it was secure. I know that some other societies have a thing where you can tap your ID on but we're not that high tech.

AW: Jesus.

CT: Yeah, union films do that.

MS: Mad.

AW: Well I want to do that.

BM: I have another query, does anyone have an iPhone charger on them?

AW: That should be A.O.B.

AR: We can have a big bunfight discussion on the group over the summer. I think that's what we did last year.

CT: Is it worth making a chat as well as having the group?

AR: This was mentioned at the beginning of this committee year and I personally feel like

no because I worry that lots of things that people need to see will just be flung around on the chat and people will miss it and just from being on prod teams, we always have a prod team group and a prod team chat and no one uses the group and it always goes to sh*t.

CT: Ok. I just know that stagesoc organises everything through a chat like where and when things are and fine tuning details but would always put official documents on the group.

AR: I just feel like we have a lot of stuff. What does everyone think?

OJ: I think it's nice to have just one centralised point of call.

AR: It also makes it more official and otherwise things might just get lost.

CT: That's fine.

KH: If we have any questions for someone specifically then we can just dm them.

AW: We also have to be careful, and it sounds bad, but a papertrail is more of a thing if you have a groupchat. It will inevitably become less formal and you don't want anything said that's bad and I think people are more thoughtful before posting on the group. That's my tuppence there.

AR: We digressed so much.

[Everyone to read SC's proposal and feedback.](#)

[CT to make a sign up sheet for bunfight with the listed items above e.g What roles people would be interested in taking part in in Showstoppers](#)

AOB:

A Jotform was discussed on the preparation time for Edinburgh auditions. In response to this, other auditions have been held and any auditionees who cannot make any date/time is advised to contact the production team to organise an individual audition slot.

A jotform was discussed and we are in discussion about implementing certain measures so that society members feel more comfortable discussing their issues (particularly financial) with us as a committee.

A jotform was discussed and concerns about precasting have been combated by committee. Please refer to the previous minutes which explain how this has been done.