

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP]
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF] Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

Ellen Goggin [EG]
Katie Staines [KS]

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

Victoria Howard-Andrews [VHA]
Joe Chamberlain [JC]
Gaby Puleston-Vaudrey [GPV]
Izzy Archibald [IA]
Ed Gill [EGL]
Immy Speck [IS]
Matt Brady [MB]
Tash Laybourne [TL]
Andrew Connor [AC]
Molly Ellis [ME]
Mark Warnants [MW]
Paris Matthews [PM]
Charlie English [CE]
Elle Bogle [EB]

Minutes in a Minute

Trail to Oregon:
TTO's budget is closed
Spring Awakening:
Committee to approve show feedback
O.A.P and Me:
Antigone to do audition feedback
Maciek to send Annex hire money off
Songs for a New World:
Kit to compile show feedback
Made in Dagenham:
Imy is show liaison
Antigone is prod liaison
I Love You Because:
Antigone to share block bookings document to directors
Be More Chill:
BMC audition event to be put up
Treasurer:
Maciek to pay SUSU invoice and MTI rights
Social Secretaries:
Beth and Will to add more social events to facebook
Development Officers:
Imy and Hannah to continue with workshops
Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe is trying to get into the raw code of the website
Tours Officer (Edinburgh):
Patrick to handover to Kit
Tours Officer (Other Tours):
No Update
Welfare Officers:
Ollie and Emma to sort out society feedback
Emma to organise society clothing
Original Writing Officer:
Susie to launch Original Writing group
AOB:
Please read below



Society Update:

AR: We'll start soon, we're just waiting on IBP.

PR: She can read the minutes..... If they're ever out.

AR: Welcome non-comm!! Anyone got freshers flu yet because I'm coming down with something very hot right now. It's going to be okay and I'm going to get through the next couple of hours.

Trail to Oregon:

AR: Where are we up to with that?

PR: Don't let me down MS.

MS: TTO. I've reimbursed VHA for the postage stuff so that's sorted.

IBP enters

AR: Come in, we've just started. (To MS) Is that everything?

PR: TTO is off the agenda!

*(*AW creates a mini earthquake with his burp*)*

PR: Well done everyone.

EF: Good hussle.

IT'S TAKEN OFF THE AGENDA. BYE, BYE TRAIL TO OREGON!!!

Spring Awakening:

AW: I have show feedback but I can read that at the end if anyone else has other updates.

AR: What is happening script wise because I remember at the end of last year we had some scripts that were lost.

MS: I haven't really looked into that because I've had other stuff to deal with.

AR: That's okay. It's understandable.

MS: OJ and I have narrowed it down to two possible people.

OJ: Yes.

MS: Yes.

AR: It's probably worth, if people have left, just sending a message or something. There's not a lot we can do and it might be worth sending a final message. They can do what AW did with his Sweeney script and just send the script back directly for about £8 or £9 rather than paying the £25 for that.

*(*Show Feedback is given*)*

AR: I was just thinking that it might be nice, not as an extra job for the show liaison or maybe for them, but to compile an extra document with production team tips or something. Sometimes some feedback seems very personal and some is really constructive for future shows like the filming in front of a mirror idea.

IBP: Nice idea.

AR: Thanks AW for doing that.

AW: No problemo.

MS to send the two script culprits a message.

AW to send feedback to committee to be approved and then onto the prod team and website.

O.A.P and Me:

CT: Who's going to say it?

AR: Show feedback... I asked JC several times over summer and he said he'd do it 'tomorrow' and it just hasn't happened. At this point, I think that he's probably quite busy and not all that interested. It happened a long time ago. I might potentially ask GPV, as she was our prod liaison, if she's happy to just whack up a form. If not, maybe someone here on committee who wasn't involved could do it?

EF: I don't mind doing it.

AR: I'll get on that this week. Ah yes, audition feedback!

EG: That's still not done!

IBP: Yeah, I had an auditionee who came up to me and asked when audition feedback was coming out and I just said 'that's not my problem'.

AR: No, that's probably my problem. That's definitely my problem.

IBP: Just send it to IA and then she'll be fine.

AR: It was all done a very long time ago and I just haven't sent it. I don't know why I didn't send it. I can only hold my hand up and apologise. My downfall. I will never nag anyone about it ever again.

AW: That's fine. It can be my job.

SC: I think you should be impeached.

PR: We've tried that.

AR: I'd also like to argue that that is potentially a separate job from being President therefore I can't be impeached for that.

PR: Right, you're never allowed to be a director again then.

AW: (*In the sincerest manner**) I really hope that this doesn't count against you when you run for show liaison for freshers show.

COMM: Ohhhhhhhh!!!

AR: Let's do it this week.

MS: Budget's still live.

AR: What are you waiting for? Are you waiting for anything?

MS: We haven't paid SUSU for a lot of things.

AW: have you talked to the producers and paid them back for things.

MS: Yeah, they've been paid back. It's just SUSU.

AR: Cool.

AR to do audition feedback and message GPB about show feedback.
MS pay SUSU lots of money.

Songs for a New World:

AR: It happened!

COMM: Yay!!!

AR: Good job everyone.

CT: Scripts are being returned by GPV. We've also got the show T-Shirts which didn't arrive into Edinburgh however they do exist which is progress. We will be collecting them as and when GPV can provide them. All receipts to send and paid back. I think that's everything I remember?

AR: Anyone else?

MS: I've got everything sandwiched in one treasurer update.

AW: How long are we giving show feedback before it's compiled.

KH: I've not checked in the last several days but when I did last check, I had 7. I did another pop out today which you might have seen.

AW: To be fair, I think that's more than I had for TTO in six months so well done.

KH: I'm going to leave it it maybe two or three more weeks and then compile it. It's going to take some time to compile it. Of the 7 we have 1, 3, 3. So 1 cast, 3 prod and 3 audience so hopefully we get some more.

Cast and production team to collect show t-shirts from GPV.
KH to wait for a couple of weeks then compile show feedback.

Made in Dagenham:

AR: (**In the best Dagenham accent I've ever heard**) MADE IN DAGENHAM!!! Freshers show!

CT+PR: Woohoo! Yeah!

AR: How exciting.

PR: We have fulfilled all of committee's stipulations now. We have a supervising MD EGL and an Assistant Producer IS. Not you IBP.

IBP: I was going to say. I'm not doing it!

PR: We had a supervising producer, we don't have one anymore but it wasn't stipulated so we don't need one so that's fine. We've got a prod meeting on Saturday to organise the freshers workshop and stuff for auditions and callbacks.

CT: We've got auditions coming up and that'll all be planned out. The event is up and the sign-up spreadsheet is on there.

AR: Someone's already signed up! I love that keen bean.

PR: That's MB, he's my housemate.

AR: Oh that makes sense.

PR: Also he has got membership so all of you should be ashamed.

AR: Anyway, we digress.

CT: We've got to get the liaisons sorted today.

IBP: how many hours shall we allot for that?

AR: We'll do it now.

CT: Also, the graphics are all done and the big old poster has been printed. We've saved a bit of money on shipment because it was done with the buld annex ones.

HM: YEAH! I SAW IT TODAY!! IT'S IN THE ANNEX!!

CT: It's already up!

AW: Jesus.

WF: You mentioned a banner recently so I made one.

AR: Yes. I mean a banner to have the name and the dates of the show to be eye-catching on facebook.

WF: Yeah, that's what I've done.

AR: Also, have you two (BM and WF) been added to any kind of PA publicity groups because last year there were some just to remind people of annex publicity dates.

CT: I'm on it and I've already invited you but you just haven't been approved yet.

IBP: Have you asked TG and comedy to post your audition event on their page. We were in the corner at bunfight so some people might go to TG and not realise they can do singing and dancing too!

AR: Especially before their welcome meetings because then they can incorporate it into them like we'll do for them. Right, we need to elect a show liaison and a prod liaison for Made in Dagenham.

(*AR explains what a show liaison and prod liaison is to HM*)

AW: I'd like to be show liaison for freshers show because:

- I've just done it for Spring Awakening and I enjoyed it
- Freshers show is the most important and I want them to be involved and know committee
- It's important for freshers to know someone higher up like the Vice-President
- It will help that I'm director of Spring show as I'm looking for freshers to be a part of that
- I was an Ordinary member last year so I'm used to dealing with conflicts

AR: I'd like to be show liaison for freshers show because:

- It would be a great opportunity for committee to have the President as show liaison
- The role sometimes gets thrown away and for freshers it's very important
- I want to make sure freshers understand the commitment to freshers show they have to have
- I was a director for freshers last year and I saw how things were successfully and unsuccessfully resolved
- I was the show liaison for It Shoulda Been You and that went swimmingly

MS: I'd like to be show liaison for freshers show because:

- I have had experience at boarding school as a boarding house monitor and peer mentor
- I had to assist new arrivals with homesickness and conflict resolution which are really important qualities for a freshers show liaison to have
- I don't have any particular loyalties to anyone on the prod team
- I will already be around because I'll be doing small show rehearsals at the same time
- I want to try and retain as many freshers as possible

OJ: I'd like to be show liaison for freshers show because:

- It's my job to make sure everyone's okay as a welfare officer which coincides with the main role of a show liaison
- It'd be a great way to introduce myself to new freshers so they know who they can come to in the society if they have any problems
- I think I'm quite approachable

IBP: I'd like to be show liaison for freshers show because:

- I like to think I'm fairly approachable, in the words of OJ
- I love talking to people and to people trying to find ways to communicate with people if they need someone to talk to
- I really want to retain more freshers
- As a development officer, I'll be at all the workshops and in my workshop hours before and after
- I'll always be there for freshers if they need someone to do something with, not just in rehearsals

- I just want to make people feel welcome in the society

(IBP IS ELECTED AS MADE IN DAGENHAM SHOW LIAISON)

EF: I'd like to be prod liaison for freshers show because:

- As a member of TG and comedy, I have good repore with the other societies
- I am Theatrical Rep so I can liaise with other societies well and have already worked with many of them before
- I have directed a freshers show before already so I know the requirements that a prod team and other prod teams need
- I feel like people know me because I've been here so long and that I'm quite approachable
- I've been a producer, a director and a cast member so I know what many of the roles entail

KH: I'd like to be prod liaison for freshers show because:

- I've been fulfilling the role of production liaison before for Songs for a New World so I have the experience
- I have a good number of friends in comedy and TG so I can work well with them
- I live with one of the directors and producers so I can get information to and from them very quickly and easily
- I feel like I'm very approachable
- I'm debating joining TG this year anyway so it would be another good link between societies

AR: I'd like to be prod liaison for freshers show because:

- I think it's quite easy to underestimate how hard it is to put on a freshers show and tensions can rise, especially with a big prod team which we have this year
- I've experienced the help of production liaisons before and I want to emulate that
- I am good enough friends with everyone on the prod team but equally removed enough and don't live together which could work in my favour
- I'm quite happy to resolve issues within this prod team and admit when someone is wrong as I'm impartial

AR: I don't know why not living with the prod team was such a flex.

EG: (**Imitating AR perfectly**) I live alone with my cat!

AR: Okay. I don't live alone.

AW: She moved back into halls because I was such a bad housemate.

(AR IS ELECTED AS MADE IN DAGENHAM PROD LIAISON)

CT and PR to arrange a freshers workshop.
MID prod team to hold auditions and callbacks next week.

I Love You Because:

MS: I'm excited for it.

PR: Well at least there's one person who is.

MS: Since pitches, the production team has changed slightly. TL is no longer involved in the prod team and AC is now musical directing with ME and ME is happy to talk to anyone about the change of AMD to the full co-MD thing. It's just to do with commitment and the balance of work. We also now have MW as a producer and PM coming on as an AP so we can train her up. Audition dates and times will be up very soon on facebook. I'll get in touch with CT and sort that out.

KH: Are you aware of any show callbacks dates? I believe it is Midsummer Night's Dreams callbacks then?

AR: You could potentially negotiate with TG on who you want when?

AW: I think we only had one person in the end anyway.

MS: I think TG freshers show and showstoppers small show is a fairly unlikely conflict but

I'll get in contact. Thanks for raising that. AR we're relying on block booking rooms being available, are they?

AR: Yeah.

PR: I'm saying this just so it's minuted. For some reason, the PA committee has booked the Edlec on Saturdays and we don't know who it is. It's not EF, OJ or AR and obviously we need a big room for dancing so we're taking it.

AR: What do you mean? For the whole year?

PR: Yeah.

AW: Until the end of time...

PR: We don't know who it is but we need it and we're taking it.

EG: We can't dance anywhere else.

OJ: Every Saturday, EG will be doing a full solo dance recital.

PR: Do we have rooms booked on Mondays for freshers show?

AR: Yes. All your rooms are booked, you don't have to book anything.

PR: Oh. Well we booked the Edlec every Wednesday too because we thought it would be nice to use it while we can. Where are we on Mondays?

EF: I'll send the Presidents the block bookings spreadsheet.

PR: Can the prod team know where we're rehearsing?

AR: Yeah, I can share the block booking spreadsheet with you.

MS: We have the Edlec on the Monday.

EF: Yes. Freshers have the Edlec on the Wednesdays and Saturdays.

MS: Ah. Cool.

AR: Yeah I'll send the block bookings thing to you (PR and MS) when I have it. The

graphics are looking peng by the way.

EF to send AR the block bookings spreadsheet.

AR to share the block bookings spreadsheet to PR and MS for their show rehearsals.

Be More Chill:

AW: Rights are booked. I've had a bit of a nightmare with materials because I realised that I haven't budgeted for the extra hire time which, of course, you need for Spring show because it's such a long time period but I've had a chat with MS, it's no problem at all. They aren't arriving until the 4th November and we're planning to have auditions between the 24th-26th October with callbacks on the 27th but it's okay because we have a plan in place for the following weeks rehearsal without the materials. In terms of our production team, we have nearly fulfilled committee's stipulations from our pitch. We have an AMD onboard, CE, we have a co-producer, EB, we are still looking for AP's and I'll look for an AD after auditions because I'd quite like it to be a fresher.

CT: I did a graphic.

COMM: Yay!

AW: It's very good.

CT: I quite like it. It's nice. I'm making the little pixel things that I mentioned in the pitch - I wasn't bullsh*tting. I was thinking of making them for committee. If you are not involved in BMC in any way, you'll still get an avatar. However, it does mean that you'll have to change your profile picture when we get to the show.

AR: In terms of events, I'm thinking can we wait until the end of next week to sort it out because it's going to be busy.

AW: Yeah. I didn't want to bombard the page with so many events. I think we'd rather wait

until we have freshers cast because they're going to be a big part of, hopefully, our auditionees. I want to wait until they're settled and calm.

KS: Choreo is done.

AR: DONE!?!

KS: Choreo is done.

MS: What do you mean done?

AW: My prod team is sick.

(*COMM CLAP*)

BMC audition event to be put up after freshers show has been cast.

Treasurer:

MS: Starting with last year's memberships... 3 out of the outstanding issues have been

resolved. 5 are still outstanding so I'm working on that. We have approximately

£600 in outstanding things. A lot of it is consolidated in a few individuals so I need to do another chase. Memberships 2019-2020 are live! Yay!

AW: Shall we have an aim that everyone in committee should've bought membership by the welcome meeting?

AR: Yeah.

IBP: Loan dropped today.

AR: Mine didn't but that's a different story. Life goes on.

MS: Trail to Oregon's closed. Now going to the front of summer... I got in contact with SUSU about that £1000 invoice that we owe them which you will see we have gone past the date on. We have an official extension until the end of this month, so we should be okay. Talking about Edinburgh, the budget isn't fully, fully closed but it's looking like we made a loss of approximately £2500 although the show deposits retained are worth about £600 so that will soften the blow a little bit. The meeting I was due to have with the other treasurers got pushbacked because comedy don't know what's going on at the moment with ticket income. We're now going to meet tomorrow but in that meeting we will try and make sure that everyone survives. On Edinburgh, the van situation is pretty much resolved as was set out in the committee group. Cast clothing... I assume I have to pay for postage at some point for.

CT: I think postage is covered by the company because of the mess up with it all.

MS: We've got the final invoice from MTI which needs paying at the end of the month and

we can't pay it the reason being, we haven't received ticket income from Edinburgh yet.

PR: It's due at the end of the month.

MS: The situation with Natwest is that during the summer we made an application which got stuck. AW has started writing to the head office and they were very helpful. They also gave us a bonus £50 cheque for the inconvenience.

AW: You'll receive that in a weeks time when I go back home.

MS: AR and I's application has now been accepted and we've written a letter to now close

the account and transfer the money across. Funding applications, we applied for £233 in funding and got all of it.

KH: I'm probably going to buy the stuff now and then the account can transfer it to me when they can.

EF: In about two months?

MS: For the record we're getting a keyboard case, an electronics and stand bag and a hard drum kit bag. This summer, we also had some scam attacks.

(*Committee break into a Jolene-style song of 'Charlene*')

CT: Big up Charlene.

PR: Not to forget Rodger, Roger.

MS: A bank transfer was made to us from a member of TG. At that time, the

showstoppers page was messaged by an unknown person requesting that the money is transferred back to them claiming that they knew the account holder and that it was emergency holiday money that had been paid to the wrong place. We contacted the actual account holder who got the bank to freeze their account and we returned the money to them. Finish with some good news...

COMM: Yay!

MS: But before the good news..

COMM: Ohhhh!

MS: The current cash flow situation is...

CT: Dire.

MS: I mean, what would you call the current situation. It's....

PR: Sh*t.

MS: Because the Edinburgh money hasn't dropped yet, we haven't got enough in the account to pay for the rights for Edinburgh and we also don't have enough to pay the SUSU invoice which we now need to pay at the end of the month.

AR: Because they were so nice and not stressed about it, I think we can ask for another extension on the SUSU invoice.

MS: I'll notify them that we're expecting this money to drop.

PR: You should be getting theSpace ticket sales money and the cash I have before the end of the month. It's just the edfringe money you won't have before then.

MS: We've now gone mobile with our Showstoppers banking account. Also KH has given me a folder.

AW: I worry that when we go down to this sort of low cash flow, the independent pot is forgotten about and never really gets replenished so how difficult would it be to set up a separate bank account or a saver account just so it's not with all the rest of the money.

AR: I was under the impression that the independent pot was just a hypothetical thing not an actual physical pot.

AW: I spoke to VHA about it and when she was treasurer so was under the impression that it was a specific amount of money set aside.

AR: Do you know how much?

MS: It seems flawed to look at the past information because it's not all here.

AW: Do we want to start a pot when we have some money?

AR: I still feel like we shouldn't. It's only there to cover the loss that an independent show might make, not to give out to the show to use. We still use the same budget and contribution system for that. I think we're on our way to starting something like you suggest by actually closing budgets properly. Maybe it's worth having an

estimate of what it is now and then when we're in a position that we're able to, we can have a separate pot.

MS: What does it say in the constitution or the handbook?

EF: In TG it's not a physical thing, it's just how much TG are willing to cover loss-wise with

an independent. It wouldn't go to a different account but once a treasurer gets down to it, they don't go below it.

PR: I think we should have a separate place, psychologically it's easier to know you can go all the way down to £0 in the normal account and know you've still got that pot.

AR: So it turns out, a pitch team should submit a budget which breaks even with no help from the independent pot. The profit from shows will go into the independent pot. Any money in the pot can be used to help a show which has made a loss. The amount is at the committee's discretion with the maximum amount being £400.

MS to pay MTI rights and SUSU invoice.

MS to receive Natwest money.

A further discussion is to be had on the Independent show money pot.

Social Secretaries:

WF: Whaddup. That's it... We're just planning events at the moment. We have a freshers social next Tuesday to support the Comedysoc stand up. After the read through, we have a scoops social for the Made in Dagenham group. We want to do a freshers social pub crawl on next Tuesday.

BM: The theme is go as something which is the same as your first initial.

SC: Can you talk to me about that because I have a workshop that day.

WF: We want to do a combined social with TG and comedy as well which we could do the week after before we do a freshers show/small show social. People will then have a bit more of an idea of who people are.

AR: Can we have events up soon?

BM: We have more in the works.

AR: Hate to do this, but you'll have to start thinking about the christmas ball soon.

BM and WF to put up events on facebook for the upcoming socials.

Development Officers:

IBP: We have three workshops scheduled and rooms booked.

AR: You guys don't have to book rooms every week, we have a block booking.

IBP: That's nice but HM has learned how to book a room!

HM: I've lost my room booking virginity.

IBP: We've got freshers workshop and then an accents workshop which apparently you're (AW) running.

AW: Yeah.

IBP: We have a dance workshop with EG lined up too.

[IBP and HM to continue with creating workshops.](#)

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: I've still got all the footage for the committee videos and I'll make a small whole committee video and some location videos. I might do a bloopers reel as well because there are some funny moments. I've done the bunfight graphics and I've downloaded a software that should help me get into the code of the website.

AR: I noticed that the I Love Because show dates are wrong.

MS: Can you add PM as an AP.

AW: Can you put the constitution on?

AR: I need to send it to you.

CT: When I get into the website, I'll delete the development officers welcome, I'm going to get rid of the mailing list button, I'm going to update the emails and I'm going to update the gallery so they have photos on them. That'll all be sorted in due course.

MS: I noticed that the pictures on the SUSU website aren't working.

CT: I can't do anything about that, that's SUSU's damage.

[CT to sort out website admin.](#)

[CT to make short committee and locations video.](#)

Tours Officer:

Edinburgh

PR: Hello. We had an Edinburgh show. It happened. KH and I are going to have another handover. That's it from me.

[PR to do handover with KH.](#)

Other Tour Events

KH: I have nothing.

[KH to receive all account details for Tours Officer.](#)

Welfare Officers:

OJ: We have society feedback.

EF: We just need to compile it. Hopefully by next week.

OJ: That'd be the dream.

EF: We have a lot.

OJ: We're going to start making ourselves more visible to everyone in the bridge as well if people want to talk to us.

EF: Maybe we can come in to freshers show at some point and introduce ourselves?
Obviously we're not show liaison but we're still an important point of contact.

PR: I like that idea.

AW: Once freshers show is cast, are we doing society clothing?

EF: Yes.

CT: Where does society feedback get posted?

AW: I think it went on the website.

PR: Is it like show feedback then where we read it, react to it and it then gets put up on the website.

AR: I have a pair of leggings that I haven't used so when you do the next order, you can have mine.

EF: I'll order you the right size and just give your pair that are new to someone else.

HM: I've heard Caroline's clothing is good.

EF: They don't have much variety.

PR: They might be good for show clothing?

OJ and EF to sort out society feedback.

EF to sort out society clothing when freshers show is cast.

Original Writing Officer:

SC: Hello. Chloe set up the original writing group. I'll be putting up forms so people can do things like run workshops. I thought it would be good to do a launch, so that will be on Tuesday.

OJ: Red carpet!

CT: I'll do the graphics tomorrow and then make the group public.

IBP: It might be worth talking to Wessex Scene and the creative writing society about sharing your event.

(*AW belches very loudly*)

SC to launch Original Writing group.

AOB:

AR: We had 60 email signups for bunfight. I sent an email around to everyone with all the

information about welcome meetings, auditions and workshops. We have the welcome meeting on Tuesday. Lets try and remind people that we're going to the Hobbit afterwards so we can support Comedysoc.

BM and WF to push The Hobbit social to freshers.

AW: Are we having a handbook review.

AR: That's just something I'll do at home and then share it with you guys to add stuff to. Also, I've started on the fair casting prod team contract.

CT: Please can people get tech specs done so Stagesoc can elect the TDs for your shows.

Show prod teams to get tech specs done for their shows.

PR: I've got a list of things we've discussed in previous minutes that we haven't discussed further. We don't have to talk about them now but I just wanted to bring them to your attention:

- Adding a cap on how much the society will pay upfront for member's stuff
- The possibility of producers being responsible for collecting show clothing money
- KH digitising the music

I've also updated the showstoppers calendar on the website with everything on it so if someone doesn't know about an event time or date, send them there.

AR: Anyone got a problem with the producers taking the money for show clothing.

COMM: No.

Producers to now be responsible for collecting money for cast's show clothing.

HM: I'm in contact with the president of SUStrings and she has the idea of collaborating with us and putting on a concert. Would we be interested?

AR: Definitely.

HM: I'm happy to take a lead in that because I've got strong contacts there.

AR: It would work very well with you and IBP as workshop officers.

PR: Also, I got 3 people email me about wanting to play in our show bands so I'll email their details out to any MDs we have currently.

AR: Yeah. It's nice to have people you can rely on but also have new people that are introduced too.

HM to liaise with SUStrings about a possible concert.

KH: I have people come back to me about wanting to be in the band. We have a group for band members, don't we?

MS: I think we need to revive it.

AR: With band stuff, it's difficult where to send people because MDs change. The group and maybe electing someone on committee to help organise the group would be useful.

Further discussions on reviving the band group to be had.

AR: I would like to discuss the effectiveness of jotforms and whether they should still be a

thing on our website. No other PA website I've found has an anonymous feedback section, just a 'please leave your email and we'll get back to you' thing. I am proposing we move to this. This isn't to run away from criticism because I think we've had some very important and valid points raised, it's just the anonymity of jotforms makes it hard to respond to that individual and help the issues. My proposal is we just say that we make use of our very good and able Welfare Officers and we ask them to email them and they can read the problem out in committee whilst still keeping the person anonymous.

EF: Also, it gives us the ability to filter it. Some problems can be dealt with just by us and we don't have to come to committee about every issue.

AR: It's so much more productive to talk face to face to a human.

PR: It might also encourage more people to come in to committee and talk to us all.

AW: Some jotforms had a b*tchy tone to them and that was probably down to them being anonymous whereas having to put your name down on something means people will think carefully about their wording.

MS: Taking away the jotform is taking away all anonymity which begs the question would everything that is discussed be brought up if there wasn't the opportunity for a completely anonymous complaint to be made?

AR: From my experience, no one knows about the jotform until someone has brought their complaint up with someone else which means they've already lost their anonymity.

EF: If people really wanted anonymity, they could create a fake email account and then contact us. We could just liaise with them through that.

SC: Just to play devil's advocate, we had an issue where someone posted on crushampton and I'm worried if we remove the jotform more complaints are going to be pushed into crushampton.

AR: No other societies have it and they don't have a problem. I'm also happy from my personal account messaging on the crushampton post saying 'if this was you, we're happy to discuss it'.

KS: From non-comm position, if you have an issue strong enough to submit a form, it would be better to know what the outcome and feedback response is. You'd want to know that your issue has been noticed.

EF: It can be a really quick response to the issue too.

AW: If someone isn't happy with talk to OJ or EF as well, we have a committee with 13 members that they can talk to. Surely they're going to get along with one of us.

EG: From a fresher as well, I didn't know what a jotform was until quite late on. People had issues but they just went to someone on committee and it worked fine.

IBP: I think we need to make clear what's a welfare issue and what's a society issue.

AR: This is going to be a much more productive way of dealing with issues.

Committee vote to get rid of jotforms. If any member of the society has a problem they wish to bring up with committee, either come to committee and speak to us face-to-face, or send Ollie Johnson/Emma Frazzitta (Welfare Officers) an email which will be read and discussed anonymously in committee.