

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

President: Antigone Robertson [AR]
Vice-President: Alex Wareham [AW]
Secretary: Patrick Riley [PR]
Treasurer: Maciek Shasha [MS]
Social Secretary: Beth Mitchell [BM]
Social Secretary: Will Fieldhouse [WF]
Development Officer: Imy Brighty-Potts [IBP] (*Late*)
Web and Promotions Officer: Chloe Taylor [CT]
Tours Officer: Kit Hobbs [KH]
Welfare Officers (OM): Emma Frazzitta [EF] Welfare Officers (OM): Ollie Johnson [OJ]
Original Writing Officer: Susie Clark [SC]

APOLOGIES:

Development Officer: Hannah Maskell [HM]

NON-COMMITTEE:

Harriet Harding [HH]
Immy Speck [IS]
James Needs [JN]
Beth Robb [BR]
Ellen Goggin [EG]
Abigail Edmunds [AE]
Bitsy Pout [BP]
Connie Amos [CA]

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

John Hawk [JH]
Ali Treanor [AT]

Minutes in a Minute



O.A.P and Me:
Antigone to do audition feedback
Emma to collate show feedback
Songs for a New World:
Kit to compile show feedback
Made in Dagenham:
Imy to do show liaison session on Wednesday
I Love You Because:
Maciek and prod team to cast show
Be More Chill:
BMC audition event to be put up
Treasurer:
Maciek to receive £2500 from Natwest
Social Secretaries:
Beth and Will to add Stags karaoke event
Beth and Will to sort out Christmas ball
Development Officers:
Imy and Hannah to book cabaret
Web and Promotions Officer:
Chloe to sort out cast credits for MID and ILYB
Tours Officer (Other Tours):
No Update
Welfare Officers:
Emma to sort out society feedback
Emma to organise society clothing
Ollie and Emma to come and introduce themselves to freshers
Original Writing Officer:
Susie to meet with new TG original writing officer
AOB:
Alex to organise a miscast event
Alex and Hannah to liaise with SUStrings for a collaboration event

Society Update:

AR: Thanks non-comm for coming!

HH: I was just curious what committee was about.

Original Writing Update:

SC: Original Writing launch was on Tuesday. Attendance by committee, however, was poor. In future, the same attitude should be taken as with workshops. After TG have held their EGM for original writing, I'll meet them and see what we can do across societies. Next workshop should be at the end of the month. The facebook group has been launched too.

AR: All committee members should be on the original writing facebook group.

SC to meet with new TG Original Writing officer to come up with cross-society plans.

O.A.P and Me:

(*SC leaves*)

EF: I've done show feedback and it's on facebook.

AR: I'm not expecting many responses. Audition feedback's still on my dead laptop so that'll happen at some point.

HH: The show banded.

AR to do audition feedback.

EF to collate show feedback soon.

Songs for a New World:

KH: I'm in the process of collating show feedback.

AR: Next week?

KH: Maybe.

MS: No treasurer things - it's done.

(*JN, OJ and BR enter*)

KH to compile show feedback.

Made in Dagenham:

CT: We've got TD's - JH and AT. We have sent out our audition feedback. We've finished our rehearsal schedule and it's been sent out to the cast and we've got a liaison session

scheduled in. We also have a lot of freshers that seem keen to audition for more shows.

AR: When's the first liaison session?

PR: Wednesday at 18:00.

[IBP to have a show liaison session with cast on Wednesday.](#)

I Love You Because:

MS: Auditions are happening. That's it.

AR: They've all signed the casting agreement.

[MS and prod team to cast show.](#)

Be More Chill:

AW: I'm posting the audition event after small show is cast because there are so many events up at the moment.

AR: Everyone remember to keep talking about BMC so it isn't forgotten.

CT: Can a committee member fill in for me and the other producer at auditions (Saturday 26th October) because I have a MID. It would be great if someone can chop and change with me so I can still attend both that'd be great.

AR: I probably can.

WF: Can it be someone who's thinking of auditioning?

AR: I think it's fine as long as they don't have access to the prod team document.

[BMC audition event to be put up after small show has been cast.](#)

Treasurer:

MS: I don't really have an update.

AR: We sent off the letter and it should be processed in 5-7 days so we may be getting £2500 back.

MS: Also, keep pushing memberships. Freshers have been pretty good to be fair. It's my prod team that are slacking.

[MS to receive £2500 from Natwest with 5-7 days.](#)

Social Secretaries:

WF: We had the freshers show cast social on Monday to scoops which was lovely. We had the social on Tuesday that had a phat turnout. We've started sending off emails for the

Christmas ball.

BM: We've got a few replies now.

WF: We want to put up an event for next week to go to Stags karaoke. Once small show is cast, we'll put up an event for a bowling social.

AR: It wasn't an event last year, it was just for the two casts so organise it within the two groups.

WF: Okay.

KH: Are committee invited.

WF: If it's just for the cast then they're only invited if they are part of one of the two casts. The PA halloween social is coming up soon too.

BM and WF to put up an event on facebook for Stags karaoke.

BM and WF to continue to sort out Christmas ball.

Development Officers:

PR: In their absence, i've been sent something. They're trying to get cabaret up and running with the date of the 11th December in mind. They were thinking about venues and the Hobbit and Stagedoor came to mind. What are people's thoughts?

AW: Not the Hobbit.

AR: I'd rather it was in Bar two. Stagedoor seems doable and hire fees seem good too. The 11th isn't going to be good either. The Thursday (12th December) would be better.

AW: Could we ever have a cabaret in the Turner Sims?

AR: The foyer potentially but we might as well be in Bar two. Also, I feel like the Hobbit is so far away for freshers so I don't know whether they'd come.

(*EG and AE enters*)

AR: They've got a workshop this week which EG is running.

IBP and HM to book cabaret.

Web and Promotions Officer:

CT: Jotforms are disabled and they went in style. I will upload the constitution. I've made freshers show an account but I can't put the cast up yet. I'll add small show's cast then too. I've put up the BMC banner too.

OJ: Daddy wants his band credit.

CT: That's put me off doing that.

CT to sort out cast credits for MID and ILYB.

Chloe to put OJ's band credit of SFNW

Tours Officer:

KH: I have nothing.

No update.

Welfare Officers:

EF: I've done the clothing. I'm in the process of doing the society feedback and there's been 17 submissions so there's a lot to get through. I'll get there.

AR: Would it be worth having an order form up for society merch?

EF: I've done that because everyone would fill the form in differently and it would get confusing so it's better if they just message and I can put the information all in a document with the same format.

AR: Would it be worth coming in to freshers rehearsal to show your face and explain who you are and how it works then?

PR: You're (EF+OJ) coming in as welfare officers anyway.

EF: Yeah.

PR: Come in on Wednesday.

(*BP+CA enter*)

MS: When you send water bottles to people can you message me?

EF: Yeah. We've only sold one to PR so far.

EF to sort out society feedback.

EF to sort out society clothing when freshers show is cast.

EF and OJ to come to freshers rehearsal on Wednesday to introduce themselves.

AOB:

JN: I'd like to commend the committee on their commitment to the society.

AR: Minute that!

PR: Wet.

BP: I'm very impressed that the rehearsal schedule's been put together so quickly!

AW: HM, a woman from SUStrings and I are talking about the collaboration between us and SUStrings. We're meeting on Tuesday. Also, I will be organising a miscast later in the term. My proposed date is Thursday 7th November.

PR: It's probably just the classic comm and karaoke.

BM: It's Showstoppers see Comedy freshers show.

AW: We'll find a date.

(*IBP enters*)

*AW to set up a miscast event.
AW and HM to liaise with SUStrings on the collaboration concert event.*

*(*Committee read the final jotforms, said farewell and had a cry*)*

IBP: We have workshops coming up including producer workshop, reading music workshop and hair and makeup workshop. If you feel like you could help out with any of these, let me know.

IBP to find people to help with the upcoming workshops.