

## Showstoppers Committee Minutes

### Attendees

CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)  
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)  
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)  
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)  
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)  
JG - John Galbraith (Development)  
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)  
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)

### APOLOGIES:

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)  
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)  
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

### NON-COMMITTEE:

### OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

PR - Patrick Riley  
AH - Annabele Hughes

### Minutes in a Minute



#### RENT:

Prod team to be contacted about audition feedback

#### Freshers Project:

Second round of auditions being sorted

Tom is Show Liaison

Chloe is Prod Liaison

#### L5Y/PIT Double Bill:

Casting is happening. Revised budget to be sent to Joe

#### Treasurer:

Memberships need to be paid.

#### Social Secretaries:

Halloween social to be planned and committee approved.

#### Development Officers:

FB post to be made to gauge interest in online workshops

#### Web and Promotions Officer:

Committee Weeks to be planned and begin shortly. Musical brackets will start being posted on IG.

#### Welfare Officers:

#### Tours Officer (Other Tours):

EGM to be organised.

24 show NSSC viewing is being organised.

#### Original Writing Officer:

#### AOB:

Naked calendar all organised and Commencing.

Rhiannon to collect drum kit from PA house

\*\*\*This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

CT: I mentioned audition feedback to WF and he's going to message the prod team but at this point it is probably not going to happen.

[Prod team to be contacted about audition feedback](#)

Fresher's Project:

ME: We had everything sorted but we are now having to do some things over due to technical difficulties. So once we've got a response from the poll of people interested [in auditioning for freshers project] then we will provide a deadline for when to send in all the audition videos in by.

CT: There's currently 7 more people who have voted that they would like to audition so i'd recommend you make a chat with those people.

ME: How long shall we wait to make that chat?

CT: I posted it this morning so I'll take the number that is there by tomorrow afternoon.

EG: Do we have a song list yet?

ME: The stipulation was we send a song list a week after auditions so we had a finalised list Monday but we will make an updated list a week after we've watched these new auditions.

JG: We are thinking of not deciding on the solos yet though as we currently have 3 really strong soloists and we want to give them a chance to choose a song essentially.

[Second round of auditions to be organised for those who missed it.](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: I have a message from PR: Callbacks are happening as we speak. Casting is happening Friday so the list will be out Friday. We will be signing the fair casting agreement. If he hasn't by now sent the breakdown of the budgets by now, he will be organising a meeting with Joe "if he wouldn't mind getting in contact with me" he says.

Jl: Me message him?

CT: That would be best

(\* Jl proceeds to take note of this by writing it on his arm)

CT: We need to appoint show and prod liaison for freshers project! So a show liaison will act as a bridge between the cast and the prod team to let them know how it's going, what could be improved and what is going well. The production liaison will be the bridge between committee and the prod team, but also between other prod teams. Is there anyone who would like to run for the freshers project show liaison?

EG: I have Tom and Will's speeches sent to me

RM: What days are their rehearsals?

EG: Tuesday, Friday, Sunday

RM: Maybe not then, I've got a lot on this year.

AW: You don't have to be at any/all of them RM

RM: My thought is that I will meet them through socials, whereas, Tom for example might not get that many opportunities to since his role is less direct.

CT: So after RM's antipitch, lets move on to Will and Tom's if you'd like to read them out for us Ellen.

EG: Tom and Will's pitches for freshers show liaison:

TP: I think I'd make a good show liaison for freshers because:

- I'm a welfare officer lol!
- I think it would be a good chance to get to know the freshers!!
- And ngl I really want to show them that I AM a fun and approachable person despite them having seen me be a grumpy scary shit in that welcome video

WF: I would love to be the freshers project show liaison because:

- I have lots of experience in both cast and prod team roles and have been involved in all types of show process, so I have a great insight to help with this all new project!
- Due to my committee position I have a great understanding of how the society will work this year, so can be a very helpful lifeline to all the freshers to help them adjust and make the most out of their first show!
- Outside of this I feel I am an approachable person and I'm very accustomed to listening to others to try and help them out.
- I can easily adjust liaison styles to suit different cast members as I am well aware that new members can vary massively in confidence so it is important to make sure everyone is heard.
- Please vote for me!

TP is elected as Freshers Project show liaison

CT: I would like to be prod liaison because:

- I know prod teams very well
- I know you guys quite well
- And you guys ask me a lot of questions anyway so I may as well get a credit out of it!

CT is elected as Freshers Project prod liaison

Casting happening. Revised budget to be sent to JI.

### Treasurer Update:

Jl: For the rent budget, all that has to happen is WF sends me all the final postage form scripts. I've paid the invoice for committee clothing today and I've got an invoice to say that's all gone through. And I will message PR about the double bill budget.

CT: Don't forget that to be on committee you have to buy membership but it is half price this year.

Rent budget still to be closed. Membership to be bought.

### Social Update:

BP: We did a social on Saturday and RM did a great job!

RM: I'll make the dingbats harder next time! Winners are collecting cookies as their prize. In terms of other socials, what are we thinking Halloween wise? As I have an idea but it depends on what the committee thinks is safe COVID wise.

CT: What's your idea?

RM: That we get people in groups of 6 and give them the option of going round trick or treating to showstoppers houses, which gives people the option to stay at their own house being the ones giving out a treat, which could be anything from a shot of vodka to a shot of mustard, ketchup and water. Or it could even be something nice like a cookie! Government guidelines say normal trick or treating is high risk but if people keep a distance and keep their trick/treat at a distance it's okay. What do people think?

EG: I like the idea but I worry that having people in groups walking round Southampton might be quite hard to navigate.

BP: When RM and I spoke about it before we planned to make a route to avoid people walking past each other. And I'd be one of the people at home as I have plans.

Jl: If you're going to have people walking round I think it'd be safer if you had a schedule of set times and places to keep track of where everyone is. And have check ins at every house so that no one is lost (or kidnapped!)

BP: So we won't have people going to the same house at the same time and we will plan it so that it works.

RM: We will also tell people to wait for people still there to leave the house before they approach and to keep their distance. We will also mix the groups of boys and girls so that people feel safe.

CT: If you can both make a rough plan so that we have have a see with more detail

RM: I'll get a plan sooner so that we can give more notice to people for outfits etc.

CT: If you can send it to us by MOnday then for approval and feedback.

RM: Should we do a theme as last year we had the costume theme?

CT: That was because it was a joint PA social so each society was a different theme. Like we were Horrible Histories. You could maybe do instead of a theme just the best creative costume?

EG: Or you could do a poll of theme options including an "other" option of if people want to

do their own thing. As some people might want a theme and some people might not.

CT: because people are split off into groups, the theme becomes kind of redundant.

RM: They could have group themes?

EG: Yeah let's do that!

BP: I think we need to know numbers first and engage interest

[Halloween social idea to be planned and sent to committee for approval.](#)

### Development Update:

JG: We have ideas for workshops, such as a games workshop, but we haven't got round to doing it.

ME: Basically we are still only allowed 6 people in a room. And I know some online workshops are really good, like I know AH did a ballet one, but it is really difficult to tailor it to online. I know some people wouldn't want to do online workshops because they're not as engaging or fun. Also we're still waiting to hear about other commitments to see what times we could do. So it's really difficult thinking of things to do and this year we want things for people to do especially since less people will be in shows, and if we do one every week may be a little repetitive so whether we do one every two weeks?

JG: Or we plan one and do it twice.

CT: I think one thing that could be cool, if you get in touch with other societies with different skills to us. For example a workshop where we learn a circus thing, or get in touch with TG (Theatre group) about a joint workshop on how to do monologues. That way it's not on you to think of things everytime

JG: My friend from another uni's theatre group was doing online workshops and she was saying that she didn't want to go to it. So I don't see much point because I don't think anyone will go.

EG: I feel like you won't know unless you try one.

CT: Or if you put a poll on the 2020/21 group to see what the vibe is and ask people what they would be interested in.

EG: Do we still have the workshop bin to ask people for ideas of what they'd like to see?

JG: Yes I'll add it to the post when we make it.

[Post to be made to fb group to gauge interest in online workshops](#)

### Web & Promo:

AW: First off, I want to start next Friday the new committee week. I'm happy to do number 1. I will post a spreadsheet that will have the dates of each week, and it can literally be a f\*\*\*ing word search but I just want things to put out onto the group as at the moment it's very bare. It will be 11 weeks to start off with since there are 11 of us. I am also going to be posting the musical bracket on instagram starting this weekend. So go vote for your favourite musical to win! (It's probably going to be hamilton as that's the one most people know).

RM: So do the committee days have to be something that the society can engage with?

AW: Yeah it could be like a quiz but on a google form or something like that but it doesn't have to be, it can just be a post of some sort. I was thinking of a jackbox game night.

RM: What if Bitsy and I just planned a social for it?

CT: Basically don't plan a social but you can plan an event. If you do a social that doesn't mean your committee week is done.

RM: My other question is does it have to be aimed at the society's interest so musical themed, or can it be our own interests so like "Hi, I'm Rhiannon and I like baking"?

EG: Either.

[Committee Weeks to be planned and begin soon. Musical Bracket to be posted on Instagram.](#)

Welfare Update:

Nothing

Tours Update:

CT: We should probably organise an EGM but we're not going anywhere. Tours is also NSSC (not so secret cinema).

EG: I'm doing those anyway don't worry. So PR has finished editing the 24 video, I am just waiting for him to send that my way then I shall organise a Kast viewing. I can do that as one of the committee days then wait a few weeks to organise the Made In Dagenham one too as I've had people ask me about that.

[EGM to possibly be organised. NSSC for 24 video finished editing and viewing being organised.](#)

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

BP: For naked calendar I think it is completely organised now! So we have three different groups with three different time slots. Only thing left to sort is props, I asked for October so pumpkins are gonna be hilarious. I think it will be easier COVID wise if I ask people to bring their own stuff.

[Naked Calender organised.](#)

RM: Facilities update! Keyboard wise, is there one in the PA house or is just the ones in the Annex?

CT: There is a broken one in the PA house but the Annex ones are the ones we use.

RM: Okay I'll look into the broken one

CT: We've been trying to sort that for a year!

RM: Do I also need to get the drum kit from the PA house? And is there a bag to carry it?

CT: Yes, it is in a case.

RM: How many keyboards in the Annex are for us?

CT: I believe we have two.

RM: Is it worth keeping one of them at my house so that on events like Monday we don't have to get the annex unlocked and it'd be simpler to come to mine to collect a keyboard?

CT: Even though it's a bit of a ballache I'd prefer to keep them in the Annex so that we always know where they are and if anyone else needs them they know to go to the Annex. If we go on through the shows that we struggle to get in then we will discuss this again.

RM: Okay. Do we need any more pedals?

CT: We recently got a new one at the end of last year.

[RM to collect drum kit from PA house.](#)