

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

JG - John Galbraith (Development)

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

IS - Immy Speck
PR - Patrick Riley

Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Libs to be returned
Cast clothing being organised

Freshers Project:

Rehearsals starting.
Cast social to be organised.

L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Cast social happening.
Rehearsal pianists being made AMDs
New budget to be approved.

Treasurer:

Membership to be paid

Social Secretaries:

Halloween social happening.

Development Officers:

Regular Workshops will start soon

Web and Promotions Officer:

Committee Weeks have started
Musical bracket being posted on
instagram.

Welfare Officers:

Society merch to be advertised.

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

24 NSSC showing next week

Original Writing Officer:

AOB:

Committee time to change
Stagesoc keen for us to use the annex

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

WF: I have messaged the two people who still haven't given their libs back but neither have replied yet.

CT: Has IS said anything about cast clothing?

WF: No, I'll ask her about that.

[Final libs still to be returned and cast clothing to be ordered.](#)

Fresher's Project:

ME: Rehearsals are starting on tuesday. I will make a post telling them that and then we will give them the schedule every sunday evening. We have our cast, we figured out a rehearsal schedule which took a very long time, but that's it really.

WF: Have you got a specifically fresher's project social planned or anything like that?

ME: I will talk to the producers and we will get one sorted.

CT: Have we got the song list yet?

ME: Has JG sent a link to it? We'll write up the list and send it over.

[Rehearsals are starting! Cast social to be planned. Song list to be sent to committee.](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: We've got a social tomorrow. We've had a bit of a mare today as we might of not had any prod team there because people are isolating, but it's fine as I don't have it so I'll be there! We've had difficulty this week with room bookings due to mix up with risk assessments so we've been trying to do rehearsals at houses but I think we should have the rooms for next week.

WF: Yeah they are taking a while to confirm our risk assessments but once we have them it should be fine.

CT: I mentioned it to PR but he's probably going to get the rehearsal pianist from Putting It Together and The Last Five Years assistant musical director (AMD) credits so just thought I'd pass that on to the committee.

WF: Also the potential of radio mics.

CT: So I've complained enough to PR to convince having radio mics instead of hand held mics!

WF: Just for PIT not L5Y. So that might lead to budget changes, it is not definite yet but they'll make sure to talk to you JI before doing anything.

[Cast social happening. Rehearsal pianists to be made AMDs. Radio mics possibly being sorted for PIT.](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: Firstly memberships, i've only had one extra since last week.

Jl: If everyone leading the two shows can advertise about membership or add me to the groups so I can make a post that will be fantastic. Double bill I still don't have a budget from PR but that's probably because he's changing the mic numbers. For outstanding payments, I will send another message out and then I'll ask, if people can't pay me, for dates or a possible payment plan to make that spreadsheet look a little nicer.

Membership to be paid. Double bill budget to be approved. Outstanding payments to be chased.

Social Update:

RM: We're doing a social this week. If you didn't know, shame on you! It's a halloween social because it's halloween. We don't have loads of people but we're planning on doing some more socials soon and we have some of the freshers joining us. For trick or treating we are asking people to do tricks or treats, but they can do anything! BP is suggesting ideas on the group.

*(**The audio recording seemed to cut out sadly, but I made a list of everything discussed whilst it was fresh in my memory, so from here I have written all the main points for each section)*

- (WF:) Social secs to start thinking of doing regular casual socials, such as you choose a day where people can get into groups and go to stags, since normally we would always have Thursdays as stags karaoke.

Halloween social happening. Regular socials to be organised.

Development Update:

- Development officers to start doing in person (20 people sat down in a room) regular workshops. Either every 2 weeks or the same one twice.
- Can take committee's time of 6-7pm on a thursday and WF to find another time everyone on committee can make it in the week.

Workshops to start and be regular. Committee time to be changed.

Web & Promo:

- Committee weeks have started, with NR doing a pumpkin carving one tonight
- AW to start posting the musical theatre bracket on the instagram but advertise it on the facebook first.

Committee Weeks have started. MT bracket to be posted on instagram.

Welfare Update:

- Committee clothing coming, EG to collect it when it is ready.
- Society merch to be advertised.

Committee clothing ordered and waiting to arrive. Society merch to be advertised.

Tours Update:

- 2019 24 hour musical NSSC coming next week and EG has advertised it.
24 NSSC happening next week.

Original Writing Update:

Nothing

AOB:

- Can start planning shows with bigger casts for later in the year.
Bigger cast sizes can be considered for future shows.
- StageSoc are keen for us to start using the annex.
Events in the annex can be organised.
- WF will plan to run another "20 minute musical in a day" event
Musical in a day event to be planned.