

Showstoppers Committee Minutes

Attendees

WF - Will Fieldhouse (President)
CT - Chloe Taylor (Vice President)
JI - Joe Inglis (Treasurer)
EG - Ellen Goggin (Secretary)
BP - Bitsy Pout (Social Sec)
RM - Rhiannon Morgan (Social Sec)
JG - John Galbraith (Development)
ME - Millie Edwards (Development)
AW - Adam Wilson (Web & Promo)
NR - Nadia Raza (Welfare)
TP - Tom Pearson (Welfare)

APOLOGIES:

NON-COMMITTEE:

OTHERS MENTIONED IN MINUTES:

EF - Emma Frazzitta
SH - Sophie Harvey
AW - Alex Wareham
SC - Susie Clark
PR - Patrick Riley

Minutes in a Minute



RENT:

Cast clothing being sorted

Freshers Project:

Online welcome meeting
Rehearsals to being online

L5Y/ PIT Double Bill:

Liaison sessions happening and
rehearsals are online

Treasurer:

Outstanding payments to be chased
Double bill insurance to be paid.

Social Secretaries:

Regular online socials to start

Development Officers:

Regular online workshops to start.
Cabaret form to be posted.

Web and Promotions Officer:

Musical brackets starting
24 2020 cast/prod list added to website
Adam to post about website logins

Welfare Officers:

Nadia and Tom to make a post
introducing themselves.

Society merch to be advertised

Tours Officer (Other Tours):

24 hour show 2019 NCCS tonight

Original Writing Officer:

John to make a post introducing
himself

AOB:

Committee moving to Tues 11am

***This committee was conducted over a teams video call due COVID-19 restrictions and the new lockdown

Society Update:

Nothing

RENT Update:

WF: We are now back in the same situation as before where we can't send the libs off, I was planning on getting the last couple but I'll probably get them at some point during Lockdown. Not a major priority though.

CT: We are going to be sending cast clothing off in one mass order (with other PA orders).

WF: Are they (Wessex clothing) still taking orders over lockdown?

CT: They are!

[Cast clothing to be ordered.](#)

Fresher's Project:

ME: We were going to do our online meeting to meet them on Tuesday but then we thought with lockdown coming and if they're all going out to celebrate then we didn't want to make them stay in for the meeting so on Sunday we will put a poll up on the group to see when people are available next week to do that.

WF: Do you not think there might be some time over the weekend? Just to get it done earlier.

ME: Yeah we can do that.

WF: And then what is your plan for rehearsals?

ME: JG and I need to have a proper talk about it. I don't know whether we plan to do rehearsals online, JG what do you think as I haven't read your message from the other day.

JG: I don't mind doing rehearsals online but we can't do everything online so we'll need some time afterwards in person still.

ME: We've given them the spreadsheet telling them what numbers they are in now so they can start having some involvement by looking at the songs but we just need to put a strategy together of what we will do over this next month.

WF: You guys have been discussing extending your timeline for rehearsal anyway so you will have more time on the back end. But it will be good to have some sort of engagement even occasionally where you get them to discuss what they're doing in their specific groups or something like that. You don't need to worry about doing full on rehearsals but it would be good so that they have something to do and think about a couple times a week.

[Online meeting to be organised and online form of rehearsals to be sorted.](#)

Last Five Years/Putting It Together Double Bill:

RM: We paused L5Y rehearsal this week as they have more time spare but PIT have done

online teaching. We are going to continue with rehearsals as best as we can.

WF: There's liaison sessions coming up.

RM: Yes they're this week!

[Liaison sessions this week. Rehearsals online.](#)

Treasurer Update:

Jl: I haven't done the outstanding payments text but I will do that this weekend.

[Joe to chase up outstanding payments.](#)

Social Update:

RM: Halloween social went really well!

BP: It was really good! I hope everyone that didn't get involved feels really bad because now we can't :(And if there were an award for best outfit I'd have to go from the "Mean Girls" group. Everything we discussed last week now can't happen but CT is sorting a Harry Potter Quiz. We'll probably do, well we've done more virtual socials than normals ones which is fun, so we will probably do one of the same day we were going to do, 14th/15th, and do some jackbox games. You've had good responses to the quiz though and the among us night.

WF: I guess depending on how people feel about the current things, it might be good to have some of your virtual socials like you did in the first lockdown of just "we're going to be hanging out this evening".

BP: So the rehearsals staying the same days right so that doesn't change the fact that we can do a Thursday night?

EG: You can do Thursdays, Saturdays or Sundays evening eise.

BP: Okay RM and I will have a meeting and plan out the upcoming weeks, well probably all of lockdown knowing us. And I'm going to say it, the Christmas ball is not happening. I know, I'm so sorry. Tragic. They're the events you get to plan as a social sec and obviously we haven't got to! But as soon as we can do stuff again we will.

WF: Yeah if it suddenly becomes alright again and it's January we can do..

CT: A WINTERS BALL!

RM: A Yule ball!

[Online socials to be planned. HP quiz coming soon.](#)

Development Update:

JG: We were getting towards doing in person stuff but then no.

ME: We did the poll when we weren't sure about in person things and the outcome was people didn't necessarily want to do online workshops and wanted to wait to do them in person.

JG: I think we should do something but at this point I don't know what we are going to do. We can do the prod team one and we can look back on the ideas bin but it'll take a little more planning so bare with us on that.

CT: Instead of being like "they are like our normal workshops but online" if you market

them differently, like you could do a roundtable idea where you give them an idea and get them to discuss it, kinda like how the original writing workshops were but things more collaborative then I think people will be more involved than watching someone sit and give a workshop.

EG: There's no point in doing a poll as we don't have the option for in person one's anymore so we should be getting some workshop content out there. You've got the prod team one to do which will work fine online, and put your heads together for some new ideas. And like CT said, if you advertise it differently I think people will come as they now have nothing else to do.

RM: It might be worth asking TG if they have any ideas for online stuff and possibly want to do some joint workshops.

WF: As far as we are aware, after lockdown we will go back to the system that was in place before where we can have up to 20 people in a room, so you can plan for things on the back end of lockdown. We will have like 2 weeks of December? Even if one is more of just getting people in a room to play some games and one that's a more classic workshop. And if we push those to the freshers. Also if you ever have any ideas feel free to put them in the committee chat and we can help you decide the best plan for them if you need that.

CT: The last week in December is normally cabaret time, so if you guys want to plan one like the miscast one for something for people to work on through lockdown.

BP: When you say prepare something for cabaret, what will that involve with the 20 people thing?

JG: We won't do one in person.

CT: Yeah I was saying like the lockdown miscast cabaret one where you film yourself, edit group ones together and stream it on Kast.

BP: Okay so we'll do an online cabaret event in those last two weeks but separately in those two weeks do something in person with up to 20 people in a room like a game of distanced Hep.

WF: With cabaret you can say in those last 2 weeks if people want to do songs that are duets or anything then after lockdown is over they can meet and record it in a room we book for them. So if you want up to 6 people in one song then you don't have to video yourselves individually and put it together, you can actually meet up and do it in person as an option. Which only gives a week turn around but it can work.

JG: Timing wise, is cabaret normally the last week or the second to last week?

WF: The last week.

JG: Okay, and when should we tell people it's going to happen?

WF: You can start mentioning it now as people take a while to sign up anyway and the form is usually out for a while.

[Lockdown workshops to be organised. Cabaret form to go out and start being planned.](#)

Web & Promo:

AW: I know I said I'd do it last week but I had a couple problems with work so I will be putting the first musical bracket out after committee this evening.

AW: We have NSSC this week, Made in Dagenham.

EG: It's tonight and it's the 24 not MID. We're going to do the MID one around the time MID was performed so early December. Tonight is last year's 24 hour musical. I've made a lot of posts about it, 8pm tonight, be there or be square!

AW: Also I haven't added the freshers project to the website yet so if you could please send me a full cast and prod list please.

ME: Yep.

CT: Are you doing the musical bracket on facebook or instagram?

AW: Instagram.

CT: Can you do a post on fb explaining that it's happening then.

[Musical Brackets starting.](#)

Welfare Update:

TP: So NR were talking about doing a post on the group reintroducing ourselves, especially to the freshers, now that we're in lockdown again. Just to introduce ourselves and say we are always here if anyone wants to go for a walk (socially distanced) during lockdown.

NR: Society clothing, I've been on the drive and I can only find committee clothing stuff. I have the form people can fill out saying what they want and sizing but I can't find an actual list or images of the clothing we need.

CT: If you go into the facebook group EF did a listing for it last year and it is the same image that we use every year.

NR: So when I message Wessex Clothing about it, do they know what items i'm talking about?

CT: That is a Wessex Clothing mockup they've made so if you just send that picture.

TP: Clothing merchandise wise, I have a big box of bottles in my room now taking up lots of space so I am going to make a fun little video advertising them I think as I am bored and I like to pride myself on making good videos. Oh and society feedback is coming I promise, my laptop is being a lil bitch!

NR: Are the water bottles part of Wessex Clothing as well?

CT: I am not sure, we found out about them from SH so message AW to check.

[Welfare Officers to introduce themselves in a post. Society merch to be advertised.](#)

Tours Update:

EG: I've already said about NCS tonight...NC...S...NCC..(*has a literal spasm)

WF: NSSC

EG: yeah

WF: Go and watch the 24 hour show tonight

CT: And remember we did it sleep deprived

BP: If we can't watch the 24 tonight can we watch it some other way?

EG: Yes it will be put on the website like all the other shows after the NSSC. So you know your login?

AW: Do you BP?

EG: If you don't have a login message AW

CT: AW probably do a post at some point telling freshers they can get their login.

BP: How do you log into the showstopper website?

WF: BP and AW that's something you can sort out in your own time

[24 NSSC viewing happening tonight! AW to post about website logins.](#)

Original Writing Update:

JG: I might do a post introducing myself as the original writing officer as no one knows what that is and last year we met SC at the original writing workshops.

[John to make a post introducing himself as Original Writing Officer](#)

AOB:

Jl: Just something I forgot to say, does PR have insurance on his double-bill purchases if he's made them yet? And has he made them yet? That's two questions.

CT: That's a question for PR

WF: When you say purchases do you mean rights ones?

Jl: Yes rights.

WF: You'll have to message him directly but I imagine he has.

[Jl to message about double bill insurance](#)

AW: So Rent is on the website which is fine because they did the majority of rehearsals. 24 hour show (2020)?

EG: I don't think it should be on the website.

JG: Don't take it away from me AW!

EG: We didn't do anything for it.

AW: That's what I mean.

CT: The prod team did do a lot of work and the cast did audition so there's no harm in having it.

AW: Just because players walk onto a field doesn't mean the game actually happened.

CT: Who do you think you are using sport here?

JG: You've never been to a field!

WF: I don't know about 24 on the website.

CT: It doesn't do any harm.

WF: Was there a graphic?

CT: There was one but it was never released because it's the 24.

EG: It doesn't do any harm, but I just feel like it's weird because with rent we did the whole show process, and you do a lot of work even before a pitch but

WF: Do you put a description next to it on the website?

AW: The 24 doesn't have anything, just the date and then a cast and prod team list.

WF: I suppose there isn't any real harm in putting it. As the 24s aren't a massive thing to

look out for on the website anyway.

EG: I feel like it's cheating having it on my list when I haven't done it.

WF: Well you know so you can just mentally exclude it.

EG: Okay

WF: You earned a place in the show.

[24 2020 cast and prod to be added to the website.](#)

Jl: Update from my question, he's replied and he hasn't bought them.

CT: That explains why we are using online libs.

Jl: Which basically means since i've transferred him the money, he's sitting on a lot of cash that isn't his right now. He said he needed it because he was going to buy it the next day but he's just messaged saying he can't buy it now until the 13th.

WF: I thought libs were going to arrive soon so that's interesting.

[Jl to chase up insurance payment for double bill.](#)

WF: All I've got is the verdict of should we change committee time. Unless there is going to be something on workshop wise this time next week then we don't need to worry about implementing this immediately. So shall we say the week after next? Unless it doesn't work for people but the time I've currently got is 11-12pm on tuesday.

Jl: That feels really early.

WF: Yes but we don't have a choice. I've messaged EG specifically as she's the only one that has something after that so in case committee ever exceed the hour mark then we know we will be done and someone else can start recording. So we know no one should be rushing off at the end of the hour except EG. The only other time is 12-1pm on a Wednesday but then both CT and TP are busy the hour after and Jl is busy the hour before. So that could be a possibility if Tuesday doesn't work out but that is less ideal.

[Committee time changing to Tuesdays 11am and Workshops to take Thursdays 6pm](#)